Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Back on the Wagon

1 - 5 of 5 posts

Mel Mel NSW Posts: 289
1 3 Jun 2010
So I've had a few mishaps recently and only just got back into eating proper veg foods again. It has been difficult lately because I'm quite addicted to foods and feel especially guilty when people buy me non-veg foods, so I usually end up just eating it.

I've fasted for a day and made a promise to myself and the animals to get back into eating veg and nothing but. I now have proof I can go a day without any kind of food, so obviously I can go without animal products. I keep telling myself it will be so much easier when we have our own place and I can finally cook whenever I want to as well.

Planning on having some dal tonight, or perhaps some veggie sausages.

I've been away for far too long.
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
2 3 Jun 2010
Well, good to see that the fallen do get back up. tongue

I think you should let people know that you're veg, especially if they are buying you meat!! tongue

You can try carrying easy snacks around in your bag, so if you're stuck for choice you at least have something. I usually have cashews and an apple in my bag. Then if i'm hungry for food food I can just buy something small, ie. Hot Chips if thats the only veg option around tongue
ReplyQuote

Mel Mel NSW Posts: 289
3 3 Jun 2010
id love to have nuts but im allergic sad
Unforunately I have people in my life that forget or "forget" I try to avoid animal products.
I'll try to create some friendly snacks i can carry.
thanks.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
4 3 Jun 2010
Glad to hear you're back on the wagon Mel! I hope you find it easier this time... just think of all the little critters you'll be saving happy

Dahl... yum!!!
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
5 3 Jun 2010
Mel said:
id love to have nuts but im allergic sad
Unforunately I have people in my life that forget or "forget" I try to avoid animal products.
I'll try to create some friendly snacks i can carry.
thanks.
You could just tell them you're vegan, and if they get you something non vegan, refuse it. Or cry so they get the point or something. They should respect your beliefs even if they don't agree with them.

vegan eating is so simple when you're out and about. I never have a problem!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au