Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Experiences being vegan

1 - 10 of 29 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Chloeee Chloeee SA Posts: 8
1 5 Jun 2010
How have you found it being vegan / vegetarian at school?
ReplyQuote

ShadowDoubt ShadowDoubt QLD Posts: 753
2 5 Jun 2010
at school is sort of hard with tuckshop [i'm vegetarian] because they sell a LOT of chicken, but i like their potato scallops in a bun happy they do salad rolls but most have ham/chicken/cheese sad
ReplyQuote

Shorty Shorty QLD Posts: 479
3 5 Jun 2010
I dont think I can eat anything at my tuckshop (im vegan), but other than that it's pretty easy.

I don't really get dissed from anyone apart from my modern history teacher, but it doesn't bother me cause hes mostly joking (and i like arguing with people (: )
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
4 5 Jun 2010
A lotta people make jokes, but most of them don't mean it. Your default pic is gorgeous by the way, I love owls! =D
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
5 5 Jun 2010
It shouldn't really matter if you take your own lunch. By highschool noone really seems to care.
ReplyQuote

afimelb afimelb VIC Posts: 141
6 6 Jun 2010
primary school was worse than high school and school camp *shudders*. the ignorance and fear of people finding out i was growing up without meat was plan stupid. i dislike the misinformation everyone seems to have.
ReplyQuote

Brendon Brendon NSW Posts: 1212
7 6 Jun 2010
I dropped out of high school because I was vegan; no joke.
I had gone to a new high school (had lots of problems for other reasons and had been out of school for awhile but I'd done TAFE etc) and hadn't told anyone I was vegan and avoided the topic for months.
Then one day in class (science class) everyone was eating meat for something and I was offered some. I said no and was basically bullied until I said why.
BINGO!
Thus starts a class discussion (harassment) lead by the teacher where I was taunted and laughed at for being vegan and had all these ridiculous things said to me... Very hurtful. This went on for about an hour then school was over.
I went home and vowed never to go back...
So yeah.
ReplyQuote

MissMadiD MissMadiD VIC Posts: 77
8 6 Jun 2010
I got alot of crap for being vegetarian at highschool. It was hard. I was never able to eat from the canteen, which I didnt mind too much anyway since I like to know exactly whats in my food and how long its been there. I'd occasionally get a frosty fruit, but that was the only thing there that I could eat that I remember...

Going on school camps was the worst. Not because of the options, but the kids giving grief about it. In my whole year level there were only 3 vegetarians (no vegans at the time)... and we had a year level of 430 kids in year 12.
ReplyQuote

Chloeee Chloeee SA Posts: 8
9 6 Jun 2010
I've had that too, all of my science teachers went mental, they start shouting and talking about how i would be at weak and all of that type of stuff. A lot of the students really try to catch me out as well.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
10 6 Jun 2010
Chloeee said:
I've had that too, all of my science teachers went mental, they start shouting and talking about how i would be at weak and all of that type of stuff. A lot of the students really try to catch me out as well.
If your teachers are giving you grief, just tell them that you don't appreciate being 'bullied' and if they continue to harrass you you will be writing a letter to the board of education and the principal about it. Bullying in no form is tolerated in schools.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au