Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Kathmandu founder's cash to fund cruelty battle

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
2 6 Jun 2010
It's great that someone is doing that, horribly put though. That article is making out that she doesn't care too much about the animals, and is making her seem fussy about her food more than anything.  "I'm not a vegetarian; I just don't like to be consuming animals that have been tortured,"

If only there were more people willing to throw this sort of money around for the cause.
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
3 6 Jun 2010
Whether it be taking a stand against Factory Farming or building a hospital in Africa, I really love seeing wealthy people making good use of their money, and being selfless. happy Maybe there is some altruism in the world after all.
ReplyQuote

David1 David1 VIC Posts: 48
4 6 Jun 2010
Animals Australia is administering these funds? What an absolute joke! You will "alleviate suffering" a lot more through vegan education; you will have more vegans in the end and thus get at the root problem by having decreased demand for animal products.

Why do you want to make people feel better about eating animals? Because this is exactly what statements like "I'm not a vegetarian; I just don't like to be consuming animals that have been tortured" convey to the public! Why is Animals Australia choosing to become a partner in exploitation with the animal industries? Let's start focusing on why it's wrong to use animals in the first place, not how we can better "regulate" exploitation!
ReplyQuote

afimelb afimelb VIC Posts: 141
5 6 Jun 2010
that sounds great that she is doing it but confusing at the same time how she still eats meat:s ohwell the money is going to a good use.

"All would be cruelty offences if those same acts were inflicted on cats or dogs, as they cause pain and suffering,"
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
6 6 Jun 2010
David - there are people who will NEVER go veg*n. And we need to realise this. We can all pray to our God's for it to happen but it won't. I had a friend watch Earthlings, swear she would stop eating meat, she lasted a day. She now chooses to purchase free range meats. I support this move over factory farmed animals. What more can you do for these people? Force tofu down their throats? This is when people start to hate us (veg*ns) and say we are all crazy. We become as bad as the priest on the corner preaching the bible to people walking past. If the next best thing we can do for the animals is take away any cruelty then is this not a good thing? Think outside the veg*n box for a second.
ReplyQuote

7 6 Jun 2010
RaV3N said:
David - there are people who will NEVER go veg*n. And we need to realise this. We can all pray to our God's for it to happen but it won't. I had a friend watch Earthlings, swear she would stop eating meat, she lasted a day. She now chooses to purchase free range meats. I support this move over factory farmed animals. What more can you do for these people? Force tofu down their throats? This is when people start to hate us (veg*ns) and say we are all crazy. We become as bad as the priest on the corner preaching the bible to people walking past. If the next best thing we can do for the animals is take away any cruelty then is this not a good thing? Think outside the veg*n box for a second.
Yes, some people will never go vegan, but MANY people will. I think the majority of the population are intelligent, and given logical arguments and some time, they will go vegan. The point is that we may be turning potential vegans away from veganism by promoting the  "I'm not a vegetarian; I just don't like to be consuming animals that have been tortured" sort of thinking.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
8 6 Jun 2010
David1 said:
RaV3N said:
Yes, some people will never go vegan, but MANY people will. I think the majority of the population are intelligent, and given logical arguments and some time, they will go vegan. The point is that we may be turning potential vegans away from veganism by promoting the  "I'm not a vegetarian; I just don't like to be consuming animals that have been tortured" sort of thinking.
I think you're dreaming.
ReplyQuote

9 6 Jun 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
David1 said:
RaV3N said:
I think you're dreaming.
Why am I dreaming? I think people are intelligent enough to understand what is, at the end of the day, a very simple message: that violence is wrong and we should reject it in all its forms. You don't think so?
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
10 6 Jun 2010
David1 said:
Why am I dreaming? I think people are intelligent enough to understand what is, at the end of the day, a very simple message: that violence is wrong and we should reject it in all its forms. You don't think so?
Very simply David, the term "violence", to its root term, is not extended to the non-human world.

And yeh, while it's debatable whether this money will lead to total animal liberation (I think it will, playing an incremental role), it cannot be debated that this money will lessen animal pain and suffering. Is that such a bad thing? Is that really worthy of arguing against?

I'm trying my best not to respond to these (in the now cliche term) "counter-productive" posts, but it really does annoy me.

For goodness sake, get out there and make difference. Don't bitch in the background. The animals do not need your excuses.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au