Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Cat laws

1 - 7 of 7 posts

kitakami kitakami WA Posts: 41
1 9 Jun 2010
So i read in today's paper that W.A is bringing in a law that every cat owner within the first few months of owning a cat will have to have it sterilised, microchipped and registered. I really hope this law goes through I'm not sure how they will police this. It would also be great if they made all breeders for both cats and dogs have a licence. Hopefully this will stop the millions of animals that get put down each year.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
2 9 Jun 2010
kitakami said:
So i read in today's paper that W.A is bringing in a law that every cat owner within the first few months of owning a cat will have to have it sterilised, microchipped and registered. I really hope this law goes through I'm not sure how they will police this. It would also be great if they made all breeders for both cats and dogs have a licence. Hopefully this will stop the millions of animals that get put down each year.
agree completely!
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
3 9 Jun 2010
Dogs are made to be sterilised, registered, micro-chipped and what not - why not cats? Cats are a bigger problem to wildlife, and other cats. So many people will be annoyed with this. Didn't the City of Joondalup try and bring in something last year about keeping cats on your own premises?
ReplyQuote

kim. kim. SA Posts: 214
4 9 Jun 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
kitakami said:
agree completely!
i definitely agree too!
ReplyQuote

leticia-porth leticia-porth NSW Posts: 151
5 12 Jun 2010
i wonder howll theyll make people...
oh well i really hope this works.
ReplyQuote

Zora Zora NSW Posts: 94
6 22 Jun 2010
that would be so good!

paw
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
7 22 Jun 2010
I am really glad that laws are being toughned up on cats in Australia. Especially when it cats are only allowed outside when supervised and must stay inside when not. Because cats cause such a huge amount of toruble towards our native wildlife.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au