Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

For all my age

1 - 10 of 10 posts

claudie claudie TAS Posts: 63
1 7 Jul 2009
Last night I couldn't sleep a wink becuase an idea I'd had that day was wizzing around in my mind. I want to start a campain, for kids and teens, to spread the word of an issue thats easy to adapt to 'norma'l life for kids ie not veganism unfortunately. Maybe caged hens or pigs? Where should I start? Myspace? How do I create a website?
Please help!!!! ecstatic
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
2 7 Jul 2009
lol this has happened to me many many times, you think of an idea and BAM, you develop insomnia.
its sounds fantastic though. before you jump the guns, first do a brainstorm and write down all your thoughts & ideas onto a mind map. this way you can develop on your idea. try to ask yourself questions to answer, like "whats the first step" and "what do i want to achieve".

also its really handy to keep a pen and notepad on you at all times. even leave them at your bedside table, as sleep deprivation kills the imagination.
Good luck! we are all here to help.
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
3 7 Jul 2009
i still think the live trade is something all Australians can sympathize with.

not only to save the animals from a cruel and un-regulated death, but the slaughter of the sheep would keep jobs in Australia during these times where many Australians are hungry for work. the killing would also be watched over by the necessary government departments, unlike in many middle eastern countries. I think the live trade is the first thing we, as animal activists, will soon be able to tick off our lists as a major change  - finally.

i'm not 100% sure about the free range egg idea. I mean, every male chick is killed at a few hours of age because they are not needed.

not eating pork is also a great idea - it's pink!! lol
it's also something many kids can put there foot down on. for example, if your mum/dad cooks pork someday a kid can actually say "i'm not eating this period." even if does cause a big fight, it's only for one night. people can also sympathize as many kids have a dog they love.

but yeh, i like the idea of those 2, the live trade and not eating pork.

good luck with it! it's these grass roots organizations that make tremendous strides forward in regard to animal welfare and animal rights. we're all behind you on this (:
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
4 8 Jul 2009
I realise this isn't exactly what you're about, but ataac (australian teens against animal cruelty) is run BY teenagers FOR teenagers http://ataac.org/ maybe they could offer some wisdom
ReplyQuote

5 8 Jul 2009
Thankshappy I really am stuck for ideas! I feel very very passionately about the situation for pigs. Maybe something like go pink for pigs? Thanks againhappy
ReplyQuote

6 8 Jul 2009
Wow. I cant believe how many people have responded so quickly! Its great to know there a people supporting me even though i dont know you!
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
7 8 Jul 2009
claudie said:
Wow. I cant believe how many people have responded so quickly! Its great to know there a people supporting me even though i dont know you!
We are all supporting each other, in a way. happy
ReplyQuote

Jamison Jamison VIC Posts: 271
8 8 Jul 2009
claudie said:
Thankshappy I really am stuck for ideas! I feel very very passionately about the situation for pigs. Maybe something like go pink for pigs? Thanks againhappy
Thought I should add this, the most sexy girl in the world (yes, I have a plan to make her a lesbian)  P!NK, is a vegetarian animal lover person, this not only makes her more sexy and cute and such, but also makes the pink for pigs idea work very well, in fact, it could be P!NK for pigs. Now you've got ME thinking of ideas.... lol. If that was your plan, perhaps writing a letter to pink (if you're following the one idea written here out of many milions that could be possible) and ask for her support. I dunno.

Make a website (a MUST) and then advertise. Make sure you research facts before you make the website, otherwise you'll have peta and such on your back telling you its all wrong, or you'll have the newspapers bending all your words to their meanings. (not slaging peta at all, but its not good to tell people that 750% of carbon emissions comes from the meat industry.... as i accidentally wrote once.... lol.)

Also, although this is realy discusting and gross, its good to have some physical proof of what goes on. Whether it be a link to http://www.meat.org/ or just some photos of pigs being slaughtered. I know that it wasn't the articles I read that turned me veg, it was what I saw in pictures and movies that made me think 'That is a real, living, breathing, feeling animal, I could NEVER eat that again.'
ReplyQuote

9 9 Jul 2009
pink is an awsome rolemodel. Its true, when you stop and think about it eating something that once had feelings is murder. I felt horrid that day mum made me eat sea food just because we were in a seafood place. Ew. I doubt i would have the confidence to write to pink, mainly because i am so far away from america! But starting to build on the pink for pigs idea... happy
ReplyQuote

Jamison Jamison VIC Posts: 271
10 12 Jul 2009
claudie said:
pink is an awsome rolemodel. Its true, when you stop and think about it eating something that once had feelings is murder. I felt horrid that day mum made me eat sea food just because we were in a seafood place. Ew. I doubt i would have the confidence to write to pink, mainly because i am so far away from america! But starting to build on the pink for pigs idea... happy
coolies happy seafood sucks. I have a mate whos veg, who used to eat seafood, then i explained to him that fish have feelings and don't like being hurt and he had to go and do FIVE HOURS of research on fish so he could find the right stuff to replace what he was (according to his mother) missing out on.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au