Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Holiday Challenge!

1 - 10 of 28 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
1 19 Jun 2010
Sup gorgeous,
so high school mid-yearholidays are comming up (26th June to 11th July) and even if you are in uni/tafe/not even at school, I suggest to you a Holiday Activism Challenge!! happy

A piece of activism
Every day of the holidays

Post what you have done here. It doesn't have to be massive (yet it doesnt have to be small either) Ideas could include:

-Writing letter to a Member of Parliament regarding a form of animal cruely in the county. (Jumps racing is a current issue in the VIC news, so perhaps give Rob Hulls a run for his money)
-Having a film-night with your bros, buddies or fam to watch Earthlings, Meat the truth or The Cove.
-Offering to cook lunch/dinner (and making it vegetarian/vegan wink)
-Offering to walk your busy neighbours' dog who would have otherwise spent the day locked up
-Attending one of Unleashed's awesome leafletting sessions (or even hosting one yourself)
-Posting a status update on facebook regarding the plight of animals in the country
(E.G-"Did you know that each year [issue]? Find out more at [relevant website]!
-Getting your friends & fam to all sign a petition, such as Animals Australia's long-running 'Live Animal Export - Indefensible' or Unleashed's petition to Hungy Jacks.
-Change a mind: explain to someone the benefits of going cruelty free in any area
-Go to the supermarket with friends, and whilst in line, talk (loudly) about the sufferings of animals raised for meat, and why theres soy sausages in your basket and not the real deal.
-The "Meat.org" game: go to a public computer, type www.meat.org into the web address. Hit enter. Walk away.
-Email a letter to the editer
-Decorate your school books with animal advocacy stickers & messages so your all set for the next semester
-Stealth leafleting: putting leaflets in library books, bills, the seats of trains, etc. Be a real-life Hansel and leave a trail wherever you go.

Im up for it! happy
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
2 19 Jun 2010
I'm in! Great idea!
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
3 19 Jun 2010
cool
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
4 19 Jun 2010
Lol i'm loving the stealth leafletting, that's totally my thing.
ReplyQuote

kim. kim. SA Posts: 214
5 20 Jun 2010
sounds like fun! i will try ithappy
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
6 20 Jun 2010
These are really good ideas! I really like them!

I don't like to post stuff on facebook about vegetarianism though, because i do like a good agrument about it the people who argument about it are prity cowardly and will pretend it didn't happen in the real world. But i always like to post things on like whaling etc.
ReplyQuote

Shorty Shorty QLD Posts: 479
7 20 Jun 2010
Great ideas (:

I won't be able to do them all but i'll try.

And I offer to cook dinner for my family pretty much everyday but they usually just make the same thing as me just with meat cause 'it tastes a bit better' :/. At least my step dad asked me to make him a vegan dinner when he comes home (:

I've also been planning a horror movie night with my close friends. I'm not sure if I could get them to watch earthlings but they are definitely going to be living off vegan food while they're at my house.
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
8 20 Jun 2010
Count me in :]
I've tried a few of these ideas & I'd love to try more xD
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
9 20 Jun 2010
im in
also everyone there will be at leaset 1 KFC potest in Melbourne this holidays aswell as other leafletting things on !
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
10 22 Jun 2010
snail
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au