Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Animal cruelty video footage

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Tofu Ninja Tofu Ninja NSW Posts: 165
1 26 Jun 2010
Theoretically speaking - Lets say I happened to get a video showing animal cruelty from a local cage egg shed (for example)... Where would the best place to send the video be?

Would the police need to see it? Or would they be more concerned by the fact that the video maker committed a felony to gain the video, such as break and enter?

Or would it be better off going to someone like the RSPCA?
ReplyQuote

Hitler Hitler Iraq Posts: 465
2 26 Jun 2010
I would make in into a kick ass video and put it on youtube for the world to see.
ReplyQuote

Brendon Brendon NSW Posts: 1212
3 26 Jun 2010
Tofu Ninja said:
Theoretically speaking - Lets say I happened to get a video showing animal cruelty from a local cage egg shed (for example)... Where would the best place to send the video be?

Would the police need to see it? Or would they be more concerned by the fact that the video maker committed a felony to gain the video, such as break and enter?

*sigh* don't bother sending it to the RSPCA they get so much funding from the industry that they'll just reply with "not enough evidence to warrant an investigation". It's shitty but it's true. It doesn't matter if it's a small business to them because if they prosecute one business that makes them liable to prosecuting them all.
Don't bother sending it to the police as chickens are viewed as "livestock" and don't fall under animal protection laws.
Your best bet is to A) Post it on youtube and B) Send it to Animal Liberation in your state as they'll do something about it.
ReplyQuote

kim. kim. SA Posts: 214
4 26 Jun 2010
BreadmanInAus said:
Tofu Ninja said:

*sigh* don't bother sending it to the RSPCA they get so much funding from the industry that they'll just reply with "not enough evidence to warrant an investigation". It's shitty but it's true. It doesn't matter if it's a small business to them because if they prosecute one business that makes them liable to prosecuting them all.
Don't bother sending it to the police as chickens are viewed as "livestock" and don't fall under animal protection laws.
Your best bet is to A) Post it on youtube and B) Send it to Animal Liberation in your state as they'll do something about it.
:O I cant believe no1 cares about the innocent chickens! sadEveryone would want it banned if this were happening to dogs or cats... Why do people have to play favorites when it comes to animals? *sigh*
ReplyQuote

Brendon Brendon NSW Posts: 1212
5 26 Jun 2010
kim. said:
BreadmanInAus said:
Tofu Ninja said:

:O I cant believe no1 cares about the innocent chickens! sadEveryone would want it banned if this were happening to dogs or cats... Why do people have to play favorites when it comes to animals? *sigh*
It DOES happen to dogs and cats; they're called "puppy mills" and "kitten mills". It's where the majority of pet shop animals come from. You should look it up on youtube. No one cares about the animals but US!!!!
And anyways, the world has only changed when little people have done stuff... Be the change you want to see in the world and all that.
I know that this is a bit controversial but I think of it as the next civil rights movement (Lots of people do I think), in that darker skinned people were denied rights because they looked different and women were denied the same rights as men because they looked and thought differently. But they won. Yes animals look different then us and they think differently but they feel and humans feel empathy so we're sure to win in the end... Even if it takes us years.
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
6 27 Jun 2010
I think for some people (or most people) it's "out of sight, out of mind" (if you can't see it, it doesn't exist)  which is really stupid. & others  don't care because it's "not their problem..."  which is why we have to get this info out :] & still, we've all done a great job... & will continue to do so.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au