Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Oh...shut down!

1 - 9 of 9 posts

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
1 9 Jul 2009
I am so excited because I just received approval for course transfer from Psychology/Arts to Psychology/Psychophysiology and so I was looking for Psychophys facebook groups, found one, went to it, looked at the display picture- RAT DISSECTION!  Removal of some bone....

Took the buzz down a few notches and I just wanted to share that with someone...of course not that I'll be participating in such an activity but I don't look forward to the day (or days) when this comes around. Don't worry, I know about cutoutdissection.com and I'm about to read all the info from Animals Australia http://www.animalsaustralia.org/factsheets/dissection.php  bye
ReplyQuote

claudie claudie TAS Posts: 63
2 9 Jul 2009
I know what you mean happy I'm at high school and am planning on sitting out disection in science, when it comes around.But I don't want to get low marks in science though, becuase I plan on being a zoologist, and I need good marks in science to get into uni!!! However I will not bend my own rules. Motherly dearest will write a note and I will happily sit in the furthest corner and drawhappy Anyway, I will check out that websitehappy
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
3 9 Jul 2009
Unleashed Admin
I've had quite a few friends refuse to do dissections all through high school biology and even through their vet studies at uni - and often they've passed amongst the top of their classes. I'm sure you'll both ace your exams and do the animals proud...
innocent
ReplyQuote

Charlotte Rae Charlotte Rae VIC Posts: 44
4 9 Jul 2009
Last year in Science there were two times when the class was supposed to dissect. My teacher, knowing my ethical standing point told me to go to the library and sleep so that I wouldn't even have to watch. I also managed to get others to sit out of dissecting. ecstatic
ReplyQuote

5 9 Jul 2009
Nice work! I'm hoping some organisation starts making anti-dissection t-shirts or jumpers for me to wear around that time  strong
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
6 9 Jul 2009
I loathed the day when dissection came round when I did science. Not only did I hate the dissection itself, but the way the people use to take it as a joke and disrespect the animal.

I was very happy not to be apart of it.
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
7 10 Jul 2009
OOhh i especially hate dissections in high school. Its like, there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason why we should be doing this. Sure, im planning on doing biology in uni, but 99% of the year level ISNT. You dont learn anything in high school dissections, its ridiculous.
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
8 10 Jul 2009
Aimee said:
Nice work! I'm hoping some organisation starts making anti-dissection t-shirts or jumpers for me to wear around that time  strong
i know peta does them
and i have a cut out dissection stencil that you spraypaint or paint onto shirts
borrow it if u want
ReplyQuote

9 10 Jul 2009
Oh I forgot you had that Jack- thanks! I should paint it on to any text book I have for that class. idea
I didn't see any PETA anti-dissection clothing merch though.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au