Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Horse Meat now selling is Western Australia!

1 - 10 of 18 posts   1 | 2  


Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
2 1 Jul 2010
It doesn't overly surprise me (though it does disgust me). To many meat eaters, a pig is a cow is a... horse... I guess. And honestly, to me there is no difference between them either, but in the sense that I won't eat any of them, who am I to draw some sort of arbitrary line. I wonder if people would eat dog or cat though. Some people probably would. Does anyone know the laws as to what animals are allowed to be sold as meat?
ReplyQuote

ShadowDoubt ShadowDoubt QLD Posts: 753
3 1 Jul 2010
Mondayschild said:
It doesn't overly surprise me (though it does disgust me). To many meat eaters, a pig is a cow is a... horse... I guess. And honestly, to me there is no difference between them either, but in the sense that I won't eat any of them, who am I to draw the ethical line. I wonder if people would eat dog or cat though. Some people probably would. Does anyone know the laws as to what animals are allowed to be sold as meat?
i agree. sometimes when people ask me why i don't eat pigs/cows etc, i say 'well, i don't really see a pig as much different to my dog' [being an animal and having feelings.] but then i say 'would you eat your dog?' and they'd say NO WAY! which confuses me... i mean, it's still a life.  gosh i'm so bad at explaining things lol
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
4 1 Jul 2010
gg said:
Mondayschild said:
It doesn't overly surprise me (though it does disgust me). To many meat eaters, a pig is a cow is a... horse... I guess. And honestly, to me there is no difference between them either, but in the sense that I won't eat any of them, who am I to draw the ethical line. I wonder if people would eat dog or cat though. Some people probably would. Does anyone know the laws as to what animals are allowed to be sold as meat?
i agree. sometimes when people ask me why i don't eat pigs/cows etc, i say 'well, i don't really see a pig as much different to my dog' [being an animal and having feelings.] but then i say 'would you eat your dog?' and they'd say NO WAY! which confuses me... i mean, it's still a life.  gosh i'm so bad at explaining things lol
Lol no I understand. Thats what I meant too.
ReplyQuote

ShadowDoubt ShadowDoubt QLD Posts: 753
5 1 Jul 2010
Mondayschild said:
gg said:
Mondayschild said:
It doesn't overly surprise me (though it does disgust me). To many meat eaters, a pig is a cow is a... horse... I guess. And honestly, to me there is no difference between them either, but in the sense that I won't eat any of them, who am I to draw the ethical line. I wonder if people would eat dog or cat though. Some people probably would. Does anyone know the laws as to what animals are allowed to be sold as meat?
i agree. sometimes when people ask me why i don't eat pigs/cows etc, i say 'well, i don't really see a pig as much different to my dog' [being an animal and having feelings.] but then i say 'would you eat your dog?' and they'd say NO WAY! which confuses me... i mean, it's still a life.  gosh i'm so bad at explaining things lol
Lol no I understand. Thats what I meant too.
wink
ReplyQuote

Becatron Becatron QLD Posts: 152
6 1 Jul 2010
gg said:
Mondayschild said:
gg said:
Mondayschild said:
It doesn't overly surprise me (though it does disgust me). To many meat eaters, a pig is a cow is a... horse... I guess. And honestly, to me there is no difference between them either, but in the sense that I won't eat any of them, who am I to draw the ethical line. I wonder if people would eat dog or cat though. Some people probably would. Does anyone know the laws as to what animals are allowed to be sold as meat?
i agree. sometimes when people ask me why i don't eat pigs/cows etc, i say 'well, i don't really see a pig as much different to my dog' [being an animal and having feelings.] but then i say 'would you eat your dog?' and they'd say NO WAY! which confuses me... i mean, it's still a life.  gosh i'm so bad at explaining things lol
Lol no I understand. Thats what I meant too.
wink
I totally agree. Some people just don't understand, and sadly never will ... sad
ReplyQuote

Tanya M Tanya M VIC Posts: 741
7 1 Jul 2010
The link to that whole forum discussion is precisely the reason I'm quite sure I don't belong in the human race. How anyone can claim to love an animal, yet eat it is just unfathomable. Horse, cow, sheep or otherwise, but these people are horse people and don't have a problem with it?? And the jokes.....it's just not a laughing matter.

The one about the horse that bucked, so that ate him....sickening. Horses do everything for a reason. That horse was likely trying to tell it's rider that it had a very sore back, or it's saddle didn't fit properly. I hate that about the horse world....if it's not good enough, move it on and bring in another. Sorry, I digress...
ReplyQuote

hayley la BAM ?! hayley la BAM ?! VIC Posts: 110
8 1 Jul 2010
this completely disgusts me to no end. i am a big horse lover and always have been. even before i gave up meat and became vegetarian i would never even think about eating this, and the though would have most likely made me sick. i honestly don't know how people could think about this. in the veterinary world horses are listed as companion animals, just like cats, dogs, rabbits and such (i know this because i wanted to be a vet and researched what i'd have to do). this has just simply outraged me, is there anything we can do about this??
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
9 1 Jul 2010
I knew you could purchase horse meat as dog meat... but for human consumption? *spew*
ReplyQuote

MissMadiD MissMadiD VIC Posts: 77
10 2 Jul 2010
I honestly want to cry, or puke... What ever comes first sad
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au