Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

New group: Melbourne Animal Rights Action Network

1 - 8 of 8 posts

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
1 8 Jul 2010
"No frills, no thrills. Just a small group of dedicated people based in Melbourne, willing to organize and participate in actions in the area."

Join here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=130793563623917#!/group.php?gid=130793563623917&v=info

Invite anyone you think would be interested. Thanks.

-------------------

The Melbourne Animal Rights Action Network is a community of dedicated animal rights activists based in Melbourne, Australia.

Our goal is simple: to get and keep our members active in Melbourne, relentlessly pushing for a better tomorrow for all non-human animals.

We are independent of all other animal protection organizatons, holding our own actions. However, we too offer our resources to other organizations when wanted.

Please note: this group is not a game. It's not something to join on a whim. If you join, you're saying you're ready to help out, and you're ready to do the hard yards for the animals.

But if you're ready to get active, and you want that better tomorrow for animals with all your heart, join us. And together we can fight on.

"The fight is not for us, not for our personal wants and needs. It is for every animal that has ever suffered and died in the vivisection labs, and for every animal that will suffer and die in those same labs unless we end this evil business now. The souls of the tortured dead cry out for justice, the cry of the living is for freedom. We can create that justice and we can deliver that freedom. The animals have no one but us. We will not fail them."
- Barry Horne
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
2 8 Jul 2010
Just to say, I think it'd be awesome if other people started their own independent action network around Australia. There could be a "Sydney Animal Rights Action Network", a "Brisbane Animal Rights Action Network" etc etc. It doesn't take anyone special, just someone willing to organize stuff - leafleting, demos, letter writing etc etc.

It'd be good to compare tactics and results and see what kind of difference we make.
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
3 8 Jul 2010
Matt.Y. are you happy with the birth of your long-awaited baby?
I am so thrilled that this specific org is being set
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
4 8 Jul 2010
OHOH OH we need a slogan!
something with the word "dedication" init
ReplyQuote

BEANYXVX BEANYXVX VIC Posts: 66
5 9 Jul 2010
I've been looking for a group like this!
I am interested in joining!

EDIT: Just joined the facebook group, and my girlfriend will join shortly.
ReplyQuote

Crescent moon Crescent moon NSW Posts: 8
6 5 Sep 2011
I totally agree, it would be great to have one in every state. In fact I think a peaceful march with just banners (no shouting for blue murder so to speak) stating what we all believe in eg. anti furs,ban live export, lab experimentation etc etc. Just peacefully walking through the main streets of each state, on the same day, same time, all in unisome holding a lit candle.
We should show by example. Do it in a peaceful manner, and no one can call us looney tunes.

The problem I can see with this is that we need to work our ideas from somewhere, so we need a place. Do we need to be registered, insured or anything else that the government could throw at us? Does Unleashed have a legal department? Do we know all the rules of dos and don'ts? We need some input on this. idea
ReplyQuote

Cathlea Cathlea VIC Posts: 1
7 1 Oct 2012
Hello, I am looking to join an animal activist group in Melbourne, but I don't have a Facebook account so I was wondering if there is another way I can get more information/ join the Melbourne Animal Rights Action Network? Thanks!
ReplyQuote

JessBrazil JessBrazil VIC Posts: 97
8 1 Oct 2012
My bad, just realized the original post was from 2010. >.<
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au