Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Gov. Schwarzenegger bans battery cages in California! :D

11 - 16 of 16 posts   1 | 2  

JaimieCS JaimieCS VIC Posts: 363
11 12 Jul 2010
Matt. Y said:
In my opinion, whatever your views/hopes are on what animal agriculture will look like one day (or rather wont look like, for some), is irrelevant.

This is a win for the animals. Look at the big picture - don't concern yourself with how the farms will look themselves, or even the ultimate treatment of the the birds. That fact is - no matter how you look at this - animal interests ARE being recognized in legislation. Animals in California are no longer on par with an inanimate piece of machinery- they are better than that. It is recognized by the government of California that these chickens have interests of their own, and should be recognized.

Society is changing, that paradigm shift in ethics we all desire is beginning to reveal itself - pretty exciting stuff.

This is just the start. As we progress as a movement, the ultimate interests of animals will continue to be critically analyzed, until it is finally recorgnized that non-human animals are just as deserving of their liberty as we humans-animals are.
Pretty much what I was going to say.

It's not about getting everything we want immediately, people and society don't work that way. You have to change the thought patterns of society - no easy task- and there is proof everywhere that the change is beginning, not fast enough I know, but I'm very, very happy that Arnie has taken this step forward.
ReplyQuote

kim. kim. SA Posts: 214
13 16 Jul 2010
WOO! This is a step closerhappy
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
14 16 Jul 2010
It's not a perfect proposal, but it's a first step, and something to celebrate. tongue I think this definitely makes up for that stupid movie he did with Danny Devito where he was pregnant..
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
16 20 Jul 2010
Azzmilan said:
Valkyrie Uruz said:
It's not a perfect proposal, but it's a first step, and something to celebrate. tongue I think this definitely makes up for that stupid movie he did with Danny Devito where he was pregnant..
That was a gr8 movie! GRRRR
Hahahha... each to their own. =) Normally I think Danny Devito is great, but that movie didn't really work for me.
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au