Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

the body shop

1 - 10 of 32 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

birdie birdie VIC Posts: 393
1 17 Jul 2010
i couldn't find the thread on this but i assume the body shop is still an ethical company even if it is owned by loreal.. no animal ingredients right, if it says it's 100% vegetarian?

on there website..

What we believe

We believe that testing cosmetics on animals is unethical, unnecessary and should be banned.

We do not test our cosmetic products or ingredients on animals, nor do we commission others to do so. We never have and we never will.

We are among the few companies who comply with the stringent requirements of the internationally recognised Humane Cosmetics Standard.

All our products are 100% suitable for vegetarians.

L'Oreal has made it absolutely clear that The Body Shop’s values and policies will remain unchanged. Our Against Animal Testing Policy continues to be applied rigorously across our product range.  We do not test our products or ingredients on animals, nor do we intend to.
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
2 17 Jul 2010
Well, i'm not sure really... They were declined reaccreditation as a cruelty free company http://www.choosecrueltyfree.org.au/list.html
ReplyQuote

MooMooGirl_11 MooMooGirl_11 QLD Posts: 9
3 17 Jul 2010
And your point is??? huh
ReplyQuote

4 17 Jul 2010
MooMooGirl_7 said:
And your point is??? huh
many things that claim to be vegetarian are not vegan.. was wondering if anyone else knows if they use any animal ingredients at all? they sound quite ethical to me but i just wanted to check.. sorry for the lack of clarity
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
5 17 Jul 2010
L'Oreal's cruelty free? Sweet.
ReplyQuote

6 17 Jul 2010
Mondayschild said:
Well, i'm not sure really... They were declined reaccreditation as a cruelty free company http://www.choosecrueltyfree.org.au/list.html
well i'm surprised.. i wonder if it's because of the ownership issue or the ingredients
ReplyQuote

7 17 Jul 2010
Valkyrie Uruz said:
L'Oreal's cruelty free? Sweet.
i don't think loreal itself is.. unless they have changed but i assume they haven't.. so confusing sometimes.. i wish these mega companies would stop buying out all the small ones!
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
8 17 Jul 2010
They might be against animal testing, but they're willing to sell out to a huge company that does test. They can't be THAT against it.
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
9 17 Jul 2010
Yeah. Wouldn't it be great to have just one 100% vegan super corporation! Something that we could access easily, like the Anti-Unilever!
ReplyQuote

10 17 Jul 2010
Valkyrie Uruz said:
Yeah. Wouldn't it be great to have just one 100% vegan super corporation! Something that we could access easily, like the Anti-Unilever!
that would be fantastic laugh
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au