Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Top 10: world's worst zoos

1 - 10 of 14 posts   1 | 2  

Ruin Ruin VIC Posts: 198
1 25 Jul 2010
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/global/100629/worst-world-zoos

BOSTON Unfortunately, when it comes to the worst zoos in the world, the stories are pretty much all the same: small cages and living spaces, unnatural surroundings of concrete and iron, under-feeding and under-watering and well, cruelty in general.

However, some zoos go above and beyond expectations of horrible.

Ever hear of a zoo misplacing a few animals? How about one that slowly turns into a taxidermy museum? Animals being shipped two-by-two on a "Noah's Ark" to a different country?

The zoos listed here are places you don't want to bring the kids. Or yourself for that matter.

So heartbreaking sad
ReplyQuote

ZoolNerd ZoolNerd NSW Posts: 1005
2 25 Jul 2010
That is heart breaking.. Its a shame their government cant do anything about it. At least Taronga and other Australian Zoos Help conservation and education about wildlife..
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
3 25 Jul 2010
I wasn't suprised to see them in places like Asia and the middle east. But omg..... North America - Canada! U.S.A! :O!

another thing we have to remember is when our zoos support these bad zoos! some zoos in australia sell and give their animals to cruel zoos! :O!
ReplyQuote

KittyVegan KittyVegan VIC Posts: 203
4 25 Jul 2010
Wow that's heart breaking... I read things like this and it always leaves me with a gutted feeling of hate for this world...
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
5 25 Jul 2010
I've been to the Phuket Zoo. Worst experience EVER!
ReplyQuote

kitakami kitakami WA Posts: 41
6 26 Jul 2010
My friend said at a zoo in Japan they put on one of their signs rocking as on of the animals behaviours like it was a normal thing for the animal to be doing. It is sad when zoo should be educating people and working on conservation projects. Unfortunately alot are just tourist parks wanting to make money.
ReplyQuote

Hitler Hitler Iraq Posts: 465
7 26 Jul 2010
Its not just over seas zoo's that are guilty. Australia Zoo is a shameful place for animals and enclosures are below international minimum standard, last time i helped to a report for a animal rights group "undercover" one of the most scary things i noticed was the electric fence on the tiger enclosure was broken! I have seen and herd other reports of animal abuse at the zoo like feeding live goldfish to animals and animals been abused with "safe sticks" a "safe stick" is a wooden club you see around animal pens in case of a emergency if an animal attacked a keeper.
ReplyQuote

8 26 Jan 2011
Mondayschild said:
I've been to the Phuket Zoo. Worst experience EVER!
What happened?
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
9 26 Jan 2011
Timothy said:
Its not just over seas zoo's that are guilty. Australia Zoo is a shameful place for animals and enclosures are below international minimum standard, last time i helped to a report for a animal rights group "undercover" one of the most scary things i noticed was the electric fence on the tiger enclosure was broken! I have seen and herd other reports of animal abuse at the zoo like feeding live goldfish to animals and animals been abused with "safe sticks" a "safe stick" is a wooden club you see around animal pens in case of a emergency if an animal attacked a keeper.
Really? I thought Australia zoo was alright. That being said though, I haven't been since I was around 6 or something, so I don't really know much about them, I just always assumed it was one of the 'good' zoos (as good as a zoo can get) because it was owned and operated by Steve Irwin.
I can't believe they feed LIVE fish to animals! Wooden clubs!   sad

I don't understand zoos. Why keep beautiful Animals in cages just to people can come stare at them all day, laugh at them, maybe even through things at them, tease them, etc?
If anything like this ever happened to a human, people would outraged. It's sad how specieist humans are.
ReplyQuote

10 26 Jan 2011
Mean people wear fur said:
Why keep beautiful Animals in cages just to people can come stare at them all day, laugh at them, maybe even through things at them, tease them, etc?
If anything like this ever happened to a human, people would outraged. It's sad how specieist humans are.
Check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_zoo
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au