Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

If you hunt it yourself, you can eat it.

1 - 10 of 38 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

fAeRiEs ArE aFtEr Me fAeRiEs ArE aFtEr Me VIC Posts: 376
1 1 Aug 2010
I'm curious to hear what you guys think about this - If you hunt and kill an animal yourself, you have the right to eat it.

To me killing is killing, and although it beats factory farming etc., and at least forces you to face up to what you're doing rather than paying someone lese to do the dirty work for you, I don't think it's right.

What do you guys think?
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
2 1 Aug 2010
it isn't right but a bit more right because they arn't just going down to woolies
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
3 1 Aug 2010
I think that if you could only eat what you killed alot more people would be vegetarian/vegan, it's a good wake up call.
ReplyQuote

4 1 Aug 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
I think that if you could only eat what you killed alot more people would be vegetarian/vegan, it's a good wake up call.
Agreed. I know when I ate meat, as silly as it sounds, I didn't put together the death of an animal with what I was paying for/eating.
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
5 1 Aug 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
Agree.

I actually heard of a woman who convinced her kids that the 'chickens' they raised at school were different to the 'chickens' that were on their plates and it was just chance that they were called the same thing.  Horrible and disgusting.

I would rather people have to kill what they eat - but, no, it doesn't make it right.  Animals aren't for us to (ab)use either in factories or in the wild.
ReplyQuote

Hitler Hitler Iraq Posts: 465
6 1 Aug 2010
At high school we had to kill chickens for experiments sad and along the lines iv had to put alot of poultry down (it was my job at one stage)  and it makes me sick every time so yes if you have to kill it yourself, especially if you have to skin and clean it im sure most people would be vegetarian especially kids.
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
7 1 Aug 2010
I agree, this would be a massive wakeup call. I doubt many people would still eat meat if they had to kill it themselves.
ReplyQuote

d-i-am-ond d-i-am-ond WA Posts: 342
8 1 Aug 2010
Valkyrie Uruz said:
I agree, this would be a massive wakeup call. I doubt many people would still eat meat if they had to kill it themselves.
Cause Australians are f*cking lazy

take me for example. I can't even be bothered getting up to pee.

And plus there IS a legal age limit to buy suitable hunting weapons...

happy
ReplyQuote

Becatron Becatron QLD Posts: 152
9 1 Aug 2010
fAeRiEs ArE aFtEr Me said:
xMISSMONSTERx said:
Agreed. I know when I ate meat, as silly as it sounds, I didn't put together the death of an animal with what I was paying for/eating.
Touche`
ReplyQuote

10 1 Aug 2010
Seems everyone feels fairly similar about this.

The reason I brought it up is because a very straight vegan i recently met believed it was ok if u went out and did the dirty work yourself, which blew my mind a little bit. And another veg friend of mine would still go fishing and eat his catch etc.

Funny how many different ways there are to view it.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au