Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Pancakes

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

ReNe3 ReNe3 VIC Posts: 52
1 14 Jul 2009
anyone got a good (and easy lol) recipe for vegan pancakes ?
ReplyQuote

Vegan Zombie. Vegan Zombie. SA Posts: 130
2 14 Jul 2009
I haven't tried making vegan pancakes myself, but I find that the easiest way to veganize a recipe is just by replacing the eggs and milk with soy/rice milk, and egg replacer. I've heard that bananas are also good to use instead of eggs. happy

That of course would be the easiest way to do it in my opinion. But I'm sure there are many other ways to make amazing vegan pancakes. tongue
ReplyQuote

Angie Angie NSW Posts: 36
3 14 Jul 2009
Orgran, that wonderful company who make dairy free/ allergy free/ vegan everything also make great vegan Buckwheat pancake mixture! I remember it being really easy, just adding water or something. If you can't find it in the health food section of the supermarket try a healthfood store happy
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
4 14 Jul 2009
Yeah the Orgran mixes are so commonly found these days, I'd just add fruit in to the mix and voila!
ReplyQuote

x.Tara x.Tara NSW Posts: 357
5 14 Jul 2009
If you're a sucker for blueberry pankcakes like I am...
-makes 6-
*1 cup self raising flour
*1 cup soy milk
*1/4 cup egg replacement
*1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl, add blueberries and mix well. Cook in 1/4 cup portions in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Wait for bubbles to appear before flipping.
If you just want plain pancakes don't add the blueberries! happy
ReplyQuote

Charlotte Rae Charlotte Rae VIC Posts: 44
6 14 Jul 2009
1 cup of self-raising flour
1 cup of vanilla soy milk
1 tbsp of oil
1/4 cup sugar

Mix, leave aside for five minutes and then cook as you please.
ReplyQuote

ReNe3 ReNe3 VIC Posts: 52
7 15 Jul 2009
thnx guys!  thumb
ReplyQuote

Apple Scruff Apple Scruff VIC Posts: 180
8 15 Jul 2009
I don't use a specific recipe for vegan pancakes. I first made them the way my mum used to make me non-vegan pancakes, but instead of cows milk I used soy milk, and I just didn't use eggs, they don't seem to need any form of egg substitue (though you can use 'no-egg' if you think needed). I use vegan margarine for the pan (nutellex is the best).

I hope this helps!
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
9 20 Jul 2009
I made some killer banana pancakes for sunday brekkie happy
using flour, soy milk, bicarb soda, 1 mashed banana and nuttelex for the pan.
if you make too many, you can always put them in the fridge, very yummy as a cold snack.
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
10 20 Jul 2009
.ellehcoR said:
I made some killer banana pancakes for sunday brekkie happy
using flour, soy milk, bicarb soda, a teeny bit of salt, 1 mashed banana and nuttelex for the pan.
if you make too many, you can always put them in the fridge, very yummy as a cold snack.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au