Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Interesting Course @ Melbourne Uni

1 - 4 of 4 posts

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
1 11 Aug 2010
Unleashed Admin
Anyone at Melb Uni? I just got told about this course called "Animals in Society".

It sounds interesting: https://handbook.unimelb.edu.au/view/2010/208-108

"This course is designed to encourage students to begin to think about how and why animals are so integral to human society. We will investigate the human-animal relationships, where they originated, during domestication, and where they are now. We will examine in detail some key relationships between humans and animals, including animals as pets, in agriculture, as research subjects, in educational roles and as pests. We will discuss the changing attitudes of humans towards animals throughout time and talk about humankind's moral and ethical obligation to animal wellbeing. Within this discussion we will introduce animal welfare science and discuss some of the current animal welfare issues in livestock industries around the world. Finally, we will look to the future and where the relationship between humans and animals may be headed."
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
2 11 Aug 2010
haha fingers crossed thisll be around in 5 years ;P
ReplyQuote

Jackie Jackie NSW Posts: 229
3 11 Aug 2010
Sounds great!
Is so good to see courses like this start to pop up...
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
4 11 Aug 2010
I heard a rumor about this subject (I dont think its an actual course you can get a degree/diploma in though) and im excited.
Im heading off to the Melb Uni open day this weekend and I'll make sure to check it out (Y). I know the uni has a range of animal-related course from veterinary sciences to animal behavioural/social study
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au