Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Milk Alternatives???

1 - 10 of 19 posts   1 | 2  

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
1 17 Aug 2010
So, whilst I AM vegan, my parents refuse to 'let' me be vegan. The result of this is I don't eat anything with animal products and they don't buy me/let ME buy any alternatives. BUT, I'm nearly 17, finishing high school and about to go to uni, which means it won't be long until I move out- since universities are a long way from my house.

For future reference, can anyone please tell me what milk alternative they prefer, why, and where I can find it??
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
2 17 Aug 2010
There are SO many... soy being the most popular one. But there is rice milk, oat milk, almond milk, even chocolate and strawberry flavoured soy milk.... ALL available in Coles/Woolies in the long life milk section.

Everyone here will tell you different reasons why they like different milk. I guess you have to buy one of each and just trial each one till you find one you like.

I personally don't drink milk as such... I only use it in cooking so I don't care what I get, but my b/f hates anything "lite', he says it's too watery (no taste).
ReplyQuote

3 17 Aug 2010
Haha, cool!
I never knew they had flavoured soy milk!!
^^ I can't wait until I can try all these things.
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
4 17 Aug 2010
Valkyrie Uruz said:
Haha, cool!
The chocolate soy milk is sooo good. I loove it. ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
5 17 Aug 2010
I am an Almond milk devotee. It is delicious! But to be honest, all of the milk substitutes taste just fine to me, however I avoid soy as I am sensitive to it and it is in a heap of other things, so i try to keep it to a minimum. I do find that some of the brands are a little thick/heavy, so sometimes a add a little water to thin it out a bit.
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
6 17 Aug 2010
There's Almond Milk, Rice Milk, Soy Milk, Flavoured Soy Milk,......ummmmmm...

My favourite is So Good - and there's a HUGE variety to choose from =)
and I also like Vitasoy.

If you've never tried soy milk before you may say 'yuck!' when you first drink it, lol!
I've been drinking it for years, and still every now and then I think, 'hmmmm, does that taste right? Is it off?' Lol! But I still love it...

Once you get used to soy milk and you happen to have full cream milk, you will taste the fat and everything in it =( Yuck!

My dad and I drink soy milk... even though he's not a vegetarian or vegan or anything, he likes the taste better, and it's healthier =)

I used to be addicted to the coffee/cappucino flavoured So Good soy milk... I can't remember what it actually is called now... lol!
ReplyQuote

7 17 Aug 2010
sarahbentvelzen said:
There's Almond Milk, Rice Milk, Soy Milk, Flavoured Soy Milk,......ummmmmm...

My favourite is So Good - and there's a HUGE variety to choose from =)
and I also like Vitasoy.

If you've never tried soy milk before you may say 'yuck!' when you first drink it, lol!
I've been drinking it for years, and still every now and then I think, 'hmmmm, does that taste right? Is it off?' Lol! But I still love it...

Once you get used to soy milk and you happen to have full cream milk, you will taste the fat and everything in it =( Yuck!

My dad and I drink soy milk... even though he's not a vegetarian or vegan or anything, he likes the taste better, and it's healthier =)

I used to be addicted to the coffee/cappucino flavoured So Good soy milk... I can't remember what it actually is called now... lol!
ooops! Sorry RaV3N... didn't realise you went through all the milk available... =)
ReplyQuote

8 17 Aug 2010
My boyfriend, who is a meat-eater, likes Vitasoy =) He says 'it's soy-milky' Lol! He says it tastes more like milk than other leading brands. He asked me to make it sound like a commercial 'other leading brands' Lol!
ReplyQuote

9 17 Aug 2010
sarahbentvelzen said:
My boyfriend, who is a meat-eater, likes Vitasoy =) He says 'it's soy-milky' Lol! He says it tastes more like milk than other leading brands. He asked me to make it sound like a commercial 'other leading brands' Lol!
Haha, cool. Thanks. If it's 'soy-milky' then it might be a good place to start to get me used to it. happy
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
10 17 Aug 2010
Tanyaka said:
Valkyrie Uruz said:
Haha, cool!
The chocolate soy milk is sooo good. I loove it. ecstatic
& they have vanilla and strawberry! (apparently strawberry is to die for, but I can't find it...)
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au