Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Photo Shoot, Murder = Murder.

1 - 10 of 20 posts   1 | 2  

fAeRiEs ArE aFtEr Me fAeRiEs ArE aFtEr Me VIC Posts: 376
1 24 Aug 2010
Hey guys!

A friend of mine is a model/photographer, and I've been modelling for her so that she can practise her Photoshop skills (despite the fact that it makes me very nervous and im not very good at it tongue). She has an idea regarding 'murder being murder' that she wanted to play on, regardless of it being against human or animal, and I was wondering if anyone had any interesting concepts or ideas? Keep in mind we dont have a large amount of resources or a budget and such, as we'll be pulling it together ourselves. But I'm not afraid to cause a little controversy or get my hands dirty!

What do you think?
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
2 24 Aug 2010
Yahoo! SOunds like a good idea and lots of fun.

What ideas have you got so far?
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
3 24 Aug 2010
Check out ashley watson- she has some easily recreated photography ideas that wouldn't cost much other than time

http://www.iamashleywatson.com/

I would love to see photography of humans in conditions factory farmed animals live in...

For example a naked human mother curled up in a tiny concrete stall with perhaps her baby in the corner where she cannot reach screaming...

She could do some funky stuff with photoshop to create a broiler shed but with human babies with facial hair etc to show how unnatural the chickens growth rates are

Kinda out there lol but just brain storming...
ReplyQuote

4 24 Aug 2010
Or you could see if you could get access to a cattle train carriage...

That could be a great photo... fearful human eyes peering from the carriage.
ReplyQuote

5 24 Aug 2010
Valkyrie Uruz said:
Yahoo! SOunds like a good idea and lots of fun.

What ideas have you got so far?
Well the original idea was for me to get all dressed up cute and perfect housewife style, and to sorta be a bit of a man killer with a weapon or something, and since then it's evolved into involving animals as well, so for me I'm kinda on a new slate. I think Kelly, my friend has a few concepts going around but im not sure what they are yet! I don't know if this is a little too full on, but I was thinking that I could dress fairly normal/nicely, have blood all over the floor and be holding onto a slab of meat, with a body on each side, one animal one human. But i think for something like that it would be hard to execute - getting an animal to stay still enough etc., so I don't know if thats entirely worth it or possible. Another one I've seen before is to have a human inside a package that looks like a meat container. I'm also thinking that maybe we could mark off pieces of my body into the designated sections, like shanks, rump, that sort of thing, but that would probably involve nudity (AHHH!!!) and I think I've seen that done before too. Maybe I can be in a kitchen about to cut up a person on th bench?? LOL! So many ideas!!
ReplyQuote

6 24 Aug 2010
wild child2 said:
Or you could see if you could get access to a cattle train carriage...

That could be a great photo... fearful human eyes peering from the carriage.
Great idea! I think the idea of being in the animals position would work well. The other one's sound great too! Thanks for your input happy
ReplyQuote

7 24 Aug 2010
Even something simple as maybe a human (naked would be more impacting) standing in a cattle field (surrounded by cows) with an ear tag on and a fake brand on your body, looking all sore and infected. You could be chewing on grass or something too... You could work the camera from a lower angle to hide the rudie bits!

It probably looks alot better in my head than what I can put across for you to imagine lol
ReplyQuote

8 24 Aug 2010
You could also get a shot at a 'feed lot' standing there amongst the cows perhaps with fake blood all over your mouth.

Gee I am tripping myself out now lol
ReplyQuote

9 24 Aug 2010
Oh ooh! How about a person sitting at the dinner table and instead of a knife and fork they have a gun beside their big plate of bloody meat... and blood on their hands...
ReplyQuote

10 24 Aug 2010
You could even add a little caption to that one - Perhaps...

'Stop kidding yourself, their blood in on your hands'
Don't buy into cruelty.

LOL
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au