Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Anyone else been forced to use animal products in school/work/uni?

51 - 55 of 55 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
51 29 Sep 2011
I'm thinking of becoming a cop, but so much of the uniform is leather =( the boots, the belt and it's accessories and, the jacket. I would offer to pay to have it specially made using imitation leather but I don't think it would be received well.
ReplyQuote

Scuba-addict Scuba-addict United Kingdom Posts: 107
52 30 Sep 2011
- Vegan Freak - said:
And whenever I'd draw an animal (they're all I can draw xD) she'd say intolerant crap like "can vegans draw animals? Or is that cruelty to animals 'cause your imprisoning them in a piece of paper". She was awful x.x
Sorry I know your reply is over 2 years old!! But I had to comment tongue

That is beyond childish. In fact I think children are better than that. What a hideously horrible human. They call vegans and veggies morally and ethically 'in your face' but omnivores are so much worse and they don't even realise it....grrr...
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
53 30 Sep 2011
Chewie said:
Instead of making a new thread I thought I'd bump this one!

I'm going to (hopefully) be changing career soon... But unfortunately, the uniform I'll need to wear at my new job will consist of a leather belt and leather shoes. There's no way to get around not wearing them or wearing substitutes as it has to be exactly the same as everyone else.

How do you guys deal with having to wear leather? sad
Is it an option to get the leather items second hand? That's the second-best option, in my opinion, because you're not giving money to the leather industry. I needed leather work boots for my internship, so I just borrowed someone else's work boots instead of buying new ones.
ReplyQuote

Chewie Chewie NSW Posts: 521
54 30 Sep 2011
I don't think so. cry The belt will likely be bought from the company, or given to us by them. Not sure at this point but they have to be all the same as the other employees and will definitely be brand new (presentation is really important so we need to be polished etc). Meh.
ReplyQuote

RenataMarie RenataMarie SA Posts: 11
55 30 Sep 2011
Ive studied vet nursing and have found to be a strict vegan i will never be able to be a vet nurse - just to get my qualifications i will need to euthanise a mouse as well as practice things on animals which they dont enjoy such as taking temperatures, giving injections, taking blood etc - which are not necessary for the animal, but are completely necessary if i want to be able to help save more animals in the future.

I dont like doing it of course but if every vegan quits because s/he cant handle the current industry then we will always have cold hearted people controlling it.

Still really sucks though, just gotta keep reminding myself what i need to do.
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au