Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

PETA???

41 - 50 of 157 posts   2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  

V V SA Posts: 248
41 25 Aug 2010
Timothy said:
Not really when they are a vegetarian organization and most people who are crew members are not. Hey its just my personal experience. i think it was more the fact that they gloated about not being vegetarian and almost like they got away with it.
You can't force people to be vegetarian or vegan, nor do Sea Shepherd try to force them, just because Sea Shepherd is a vegan org doesn't mean the people on the ships are vegans, but they have to eat vegan foods while they are on the ships, once they are on land, you can't force people to do anything.
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
42 25 Aug 2010
Unbreakable said:
Timothy said:
Not really when they are a vegetarian organization and most people who are crew members are not. Hey its just my personal experience. i think it was more the fact that they gloated about not being vegetarian and almost like they got away with it.
You can't force people to be vegetarian or vegan, nor do Sea Shepherd try to force them, just because Sea Shepherd is a vegan org doesn't mean the people on the ships are vegans, but they have to eat vegan foods while they are on the ships, once they are on land, you can't force people to do anything.
Actually volunteers are told this
Sea Shepherd is not a vegetarian organisation , they simply eat vegan on their ships because you cnt sae life and eat life at the same time.

Their mission statement doesnt involved diet
So you are being hypocritical
if you want to speak against people who arent vegetarian , please become vegetarian first!
ReplyQuote

V V SA Posts: 248
43 25 Aug 2010
jack said:
Unbreakable said:
Timothy said:
Sea Shepherd is not a vegetarian organisation , they simply eat vegan on their ships because you cnt sae life and eat life at the same time.

if you want to speak against people who arent vegetarian , please become vegetarian first!
Are you talking to me or him?
ReplyQuote

Hitler Hitler Iraq Posts: 465
44 25 Aug 2010
I never criticized anyone for being vegetarian or not. I never said i dont i like Sea Shepherd only that after my personally bad experience at a fundraiser for them,  i would no longer support them. These people represented Sea Shepherd publicly and only done themselves harm by displaying themselves in a negative way.
ReplyQuote

45 25 Aug 2010
Unbreakable said:
jack said:
Unbreakable said:
Timothy said:

Are you talking to me or him?
Timothy not you happy
ReplyQuote

46 25 Aug 2010
"most of them weren't even Vegetarian or Vegan"

you arent vegetarian either.

mi soryr if i come across as being rude etc
i just think this is really hypocritical
ReplyQuote

Hitler Hitler Iraq Posts: 465
47 25 Aug 2010
Vegetarians for some reason cannot accept activist that are not vegetarian. But thats another topic for another time, im tied lol
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
48 25 Aug 2010
One thing I will say about Unleashed members (MYSELF INCLUDED... lol, most DEFINITELY) is we've all got fire, that's for sure!

I can see both sides of this Jack/Tim debate. Yes, some people care greatly for animals and want to fight for them, but still eat them. I may not UNDERSTAND this, but it's how it is, I guess.

At the same time, Timothy, what I think Jack was getting at is not that "Shame on you for not being vegetarian" it was that you appeared (appeared being the operative word) to be criticising the organisation for not being vegetarian on a technical level, even though you aren't vegetarian. This is where he perceives hypocrisy.

=) It's basically things getting lost in translation.  peace Let's not get angry, guys
ReplyQuote

49 25 Aug 2010
Valkyrie Uruz said:
One thing I will say about Unleashed members (MYSELF INCLUDED... lol, most DEFINITELY) is we've all got fire, that's for sure!

I can see both sides of this Jack/Tim debate. Yes, some people care greatly for animals and want to fight for them, but still eat them. I may not UNDERSTAND this, but it's how it is, I guess.

At the same time, Timothy, what I think Jack was getting at is not that "Shame on you for not being vegetarian" it was that you appeared (appeared being the operative word) to be criticising the organisation for not being vegetarian on a technical level, even though you aren't vegetarian. This is where he perceives hypocrisy.

=) It's basically things getting lost in translation.  peace Let's not get angry, guys
your completely right
i accept activists who arent vegetarian i have nothing against them , just those who are hypocritical
ReplyQuote

TofuUnleashed TofuUnleashed TAS Posts: 986
50 2 Sep 2010
4_da_animals1 said:
Jen said:
Unbreakable said:
People give their animals to them, because they think they are going to a good home and going to be looked after, but this isn't the case at all, they kill 95% of the animals they take, only re homing probably 100 in every 5,000.

They have also been known to kill them in the van before they even leave the persons house.

They claim they are doing the right thing because it's better for the animals.

But the people at peta don't care, they don't want anyone having animals, even if they are pets.

Horrible organization.
what?! really?! :/ where did you hear this?
I mean I don't want more people to start hating them, though I don't agree with everything they do (especially their insulting ads that  can turn omnis against veg*ns). I just thought everyone was trying to bring them down because they hate animal activists etc.
It's true. PETA'S underlying want is for nobody to own animals in ay way even as pets.
PETA aren't against pets huh
ReplyQuote

[ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ]  [ 8 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au