Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

PETA???

51 - 60 of 157 posts   3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  

Emmy14 Emmy14 Antarctica Posts: 572
51 2 Sep 2010
Timothy said:
Vegetarians for some reason cannot accept activist that are not vegetarian. But thats another topic for another time, im tied lol
I know, some are like this, most of the peer pressure of "what? you eat meat?" actually made me a vegetarian.
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
52 2 Sep 2010
Unbreakable said:
People give their animals to them, because they think they are going to a good home and going to be looked after, but this isn't the case at all, they kill 95% of the animals they take, only re homing probably 100 in every 5,000.

They have also been known to kill them in the van before they even leave the persons house.

They claim they are doing the right thing because it's better for the animals.

But the people at peta don't care, they don't want anyone having animals, even if they are pets.

Horrible organization.
This is incorrect.

Yes, the majority of the animals PETA takes into its custody are euthanized - the overwhelming majority.

You must though read the fine print.

The majority of animals PETA takes into its care come from animal shelters which don't offer "humane" forms of euthanasia - in fact, far, far from it. In some states of the USA, it is legal for animal shelters to kill animals via a range of disgustingly cruel methods - shot gun, gassing, drowning, beating.

PETA recieves calls from shocked workers in these shelters will free-of-charge, humanely come and put down these animals via injection. Instead of these animals being killed feeling horrible pain surrounded by abusers, they're quietly killed without feeling pain, surrounded by loving PETA workers (yes, sometimes in a van).

What PETA does in this area is amazing and tireless. Without their help, millions of animals last experience would have been cowering on a cold, damp cement floor after being shot; or being with another frightened animals, trapped in a gas chamber, the fumes entering their body and slowly killing them.

PETA are amazing, and the men and women who carry out this rescue work are heroes - how many of us could put down animals we love? I know I saltute them, and I see no reason you shouldn't too.
ReplyQuote

birdie birdie VIC Posts: 393
53 2 Sep 2010
Matt. Y said:
Unbreakable said:
People give their animals to them, because they think they are going to a good home and going to be looked after, but this isn't the case at all, they kill 95% of the animals they take, only re homing probably 100 in every 5,000.

They have also been known to kill them in the van before they even leave the persons house.

They claim they are doing the right thing because it's better for the animals.

But the people at peta don't care, they don't want anyone having animals, even if they are pets.

Horrible organization.
This is incorrect.

Yes, the majority of the animals PETA takes into its custody are euthanized - the overwhelming majority.

You must though read the fine print.

The majority of animals PETA takes into its care come from animal shelters which don't offer "humane" forms of euthanasia - in fact, far, far from it. In some states of the USA, it is legal for animal shelters to kill animals via a range of disgustingly cruel methods - shot gun, gassing, drowning, beating.

PETA recieves calls from shocked workers in these shelters will free-of-charge, humanely come and put down these animals via injection. Instead of these animals being killed feeling horrible pain surrounded by abusers, they're quietly killed without feeling pain, surrounded by loving PETA workers (yes, sometimes in a van).

What PETA does in this area is amazing and tireless. Without their help, millions of animals last experience would have been cowering on a cold, damp cement floor after being shot; or being with another frightened animals, trapped in a gas chamber, the fumes entering their body and slowly killing them.

PETA are amazing, and the men and women who carry out this rescue work are heroes - how many of us could put down animals we love? I know I saltute them, and I see no reason you shouldn't too.
thanks matt, good to know. makes more sense to me now.
ReplyQuote

Animallover12 Animallover12 NSW Posts: 437
54 18 Sep 2010
Do you like PETA?
www.petakids.com

I do!
I love geting free stuff from them!!
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
55 18 Sep 2010
this has been discussed so much lol! i'm against PETA for personal reasons.
ReplyQuote

karenbaby karenbaby ACT Posts: 489
56 18 Sep 2010
4_da_animals1 said:
Really what are they?
I dont know much about PETA,but that website looks like its for little kiddies
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
57 18 Sep 2010
Louiseeeeee said:
4_da_animals1 said:
Really what are they?
I dont know much about PETA,but that website looks like its for little kiddies
it's painful to talk about and i dont wanna cop abuse for it.... my mum has physically seen them "in action" for instance letting dogs out of their crates in dog shows knowing half of them are male and as soon as they are let out bound to tear eachother to shreds over territory. Their campaigns can be insulting and usually cause more harm than good... i could go on but its painful...
ReplyQuote

58 18 Sep 2010
Oh then dont worry happy
ahwell,im more of a fan of animals australia unleashed ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
59 18 Sep 2010
I think that any organisation like that is bound to have its fair share of nutters and extremists, but i'm really not sure where I stand on PETA...
ReplyQuote

60 18 Sep 2010
Mondayschild said:
I think that any organisation like that is bound to have its fair share of nutters and extremists, but i'm really not sure where I stand on PETA...
Thats 2 people who dont like PETA..what makes it not good?
ReplyQuote

[ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ]  [ 8 ]  [ 9 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au