Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Buddhism

21 - 26 of 26 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

EMAC EMAC VIC Posts: 69
21 2 Sep 2010
I met a buddhist Monk in Thailand and read the buddhist bible (well most of it!) - not sure where you would find a copy but it is VERY interesting! Buddhism is a great religion for people to 'follow' even if you only follow a few of the principles as they have a great view on life.
ReplyQuote

Randomzz Randomzz United States Posts: 144
22 2 Sep 2010
EMAC said:
I met a buddhist Monk in Thailand and read the buddhist bible (well most of it!) - not sure where you would find a copy but it is VERY interesting! Buddhism is a great religion for people to 'follow' even if you only follow a few of the principles as they have a great view on life.
happy you can get one from me. have like 30.
ReplyQuote

pcf pcf VIC Posts: 638
23 4 Sep 2010
i agree with you happy
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
24 5 Sep 2010
Ppphilipe said:
EMAC said:
happy you can get one from me. have like 30.
ohhhhh that would be awesome! happy
ReplyQuote

Squaawk  -  The Voice Squaawk - The Voice Ethiopia Posts: 118
25 8 Dec 2010
I was brought up as a Baptist and did the whole church thing and that until i was early 20's.. but now I dont go anymore.

Now i would consider myself just a very open minded spiritual person who belives in God and Christ but also lives just a very plain, simple gentle life following a mixture of teachings and ways of life from both christianity, seek and Buddism.

I hate the whole concept of 'religions'.. I just wish that everyone just lived peacefull.. treating each other with love, etc.. as cliche as it sounds.

starfish
ReplyQuote

lividlotus lividlotus NSW Posts: 301
26 26 Mar 2011
I think some of the things people have pointed out about Buddhism is great.
I'm more of a Taoist/Daoist then anything really and to me, Buddhism really is more about teachings and a way of life so you're not really going to have to sacrifice anything to become a Buddhist. It's about opening your mind up and understanding, living in a way with acknowledgement of pain and that yes, like karma, what goes around comes around.

If you're considering Buddhism I think a great way to start is to go visit some temples, and if possible attend talks/lectures of sorts.
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au