Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Is Palmer's Cocoa Butter Vegan?

11 - 19 of 19 posts   1 | 2  

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
11 14 Sep 2010
Go to Lush instead  wink
ReplyQuote

JackiRipper JackiRipper VIC Posts: 26
12 15 Sep 2010
I hear they're expensive though?
ReplyQuote

BrookeWithAnE BrookeWithAnE WA Posts: 1
13 21 Sep 2010
Jacqueline said:
It says they don't test on animals, but I'm not sure if any of the ingredients are animal derived. Someone said they use urea which is oftenfrom animals, but it doesn't say urea on my bottle?

The main products I'm cpncerned about (cause there are many tongue) are the original plain moisturiser, the SPF+15 one, and the Foot Magic one.

Spanks a million guys!  beaverhug
I just looked up the exact same question in Google and found this reply in Yahoo Answers:

They don't test on animals, which is always a good start, however....
I'm sorry to have to tell you that the mineral oil base for Palmer's products is bovine fat based. sad
It used to be my favourite as well. sad
I was assured that ALL bovine fats used by them are a BY PRODUCT of the meat industry and no animal has been slaughtered for the purpose.
I emailed the company regarding this about 6 months ago and I must say they were VERY reluctant to admit this. (if you look at some of my prev As to similars Qs, the email will be copy pasted.)

I am DEVO as I love Palmer's sad
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
14 21 Sep 2010
BrookeWithAnE said:
Jacqueline said:
It says they don't test on animals, but I'm not sure if any of the ingredients are animal derived. Someone said they use urea which is oftenfrom animals, but it doesn't say urea on my bottle?

The main products I'm cpncerned about (cause there are many tongue) are the original plain moisturiser, the SPF+15 one, and the Foot Magic one.

Spanks a million guys!  beaverhug
I just looked up the exact same question in Google and found this reply in Yahoo Answers:

They don't test on animals, which is always a good start, however....
I'm sorry to have to tell you that the mineral oil base for Palmer's products is bovine fat based. sad
It used to be my favourite as well. sad
I was assured that ALL bovine fats used by them are a BY PRODUCT of the meat industry and no animal has been slaughtered for the purpose.
I emailed the company regarding this about 6 months ago and I must say they were VERY reluctant to admit this. (if you look at some of my prev As to similars Qs, the email will be copy pasted.)

I am DEVO as I love Palmer's sad
What about their lip butter? I don't think it has bovine in it...
ReplyQuote

karenbaby karenbaby ACT Posts: 489
15 21 Sep 2010
I love palmers too ):
from body wash to face cleansers and exfoliators and moisturises D:
ReplyQuote

justin2 justin2 VIC Posts: 4
17 26 Jan 2013
Hey guys I'm pretty sure its not ethical. St Ives is owned by Unilever who make paddle pops and lynx deodorant amongst other things, and have a history of animal testing. St Ives itself IS vegan but the money ends up in the pockets of Unilever.
ReplyQuote

pughugs pughugs QLD Posts: 1
19 11 Feb 2014
Hey Je ne.  This is how the big companies fool you into thinking  that you're shopping ethically. Even if ALL St. Ives products ARE vegan, your hard earned money goes straight to Unilever so they can fund more disgusting experiments. Same thing with the Body Shop. Owned by L'Oreal now. Even though Body Shop products themselves may not be tested, L'Oreal as a whole DOES carry out animal testing so again, you will hand over your money at the Body Shop counter thinking you've done no harm but then L'Oreal will suck that cash right out of Body Shop's till and into their stinking, animal torturing pockets! Don't fall for it!

Also, there are genuine vegan and cruelty free alternatives to just about everything. They may be harder to find and you may have to order over the internet, but seriously, I'd rather stink than give in and buy cruel products.
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au