Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

What turned you vegetarian/vegan...?

1 - 10 of 15 posts   1 | 2  

Courtney_1 Courtney_1 VIC Posts: 335
1 16 Sep 2010
I'm not to sure if this question has been in the forum before, but yeah. >.<
I'm curioius, what made you not eat dairy/meat, etc? Even if you're pescetarian & so.

I remember last year watching PETA's "Meet your meat" video on youtube and I had cried for ages and felt so sick. Later that night when we had pasta, meat pasta, I couldn't eat it and became a vegetarian the next day (as far as I remember).
After 7 months, I was speaking to a friend who was also going to go vegan. You could say she inspired me & also what I learnt and read about the dairy industry. |:
So I've been a vegan now for 7 and a bit months. happy

What's your story?
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
2 16 Sep 2010
I decided to become veg after having pizza at my aunt's house (it was home-delivered pizza not home-cooked)... it was smothered in ham pieces and made me feel REALLY sick...UGH!

I became vegan after joining this site and learning about dairy farms, etc... and basically I wasn't having that much dairy anyway.... I had already been on soy milk for years and was cutting down on eggs and cheese...
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
3 16 Sep 2010
This is a kinda cute story. happy
I was making a collage for art last year and i saw this ad, it said do it for the chicks and it had Darren Cordeux on it with the animals australia website and a cute little baby chicken which Darren was holding. I thought MAN he is hot so I went on the site curious to see what it was about.
I watched the Darren Cordeux exposes factory farming video on this site and was horrified. For the next six months I researched into it and yeah. I became pescetarian for a second time. The first time was before I started researching into it and I did it because I didn't like the idea of furry little animals being killed. I went back to meat because the temptation was too great and my parents were putting alot of pressure on me, but once I had my facts I stood my ground.
I want to become vegetarian as soon as possible eg when I can do it without having to listen to my parents. My dream is to eventually become sort of vegan but still call myself vego as I will probably eat eggs and stuff from my own produce.

That's my story. I have Darren Cordeux and his damn hotness to thank for all this. peace
ReplyQuote

4 16 Sep 2010
i still have that poster and never plan to lose it. happy
ReplyQuote

MothWings MothWings NSW Posts: 102
5 16 Sep 2010
Well as a kid I never really liked the idea of eating animals and when dad found out he started making cow and pig noises when I did eat meat - kinda hit the nail home that meat = animal bits ( musta had that dilusional crap happening). Then when I went veg dad didn't think it would last so being stubborn me I stuck to it.

8 years later start thinking bout the dairy and egg industry and researched. Went vegan last year april just before easter - figure if i could survive that without caving I'd last. Plus now I could never go back since I've seen battery hens for myself - really horrible but rewarding experience.
ReplyQuote

6 16 Sep 2010
Sorry to spam you with so many posts but when you asked this i had to drag out the poster I was talking about and it's sllightly different to what I said. It says Giving chicks a voice up the top and Darren is sitting cross legged with little baby chickens all around him.
Then underneath it says Animals australia unleashed love love love
ReplyQuote

karenbaby karenbaby ACT Posts: 489
7 16 Sep 2010
A dvd with Daren from Kisschasey involving this website turned me vego. My friend lent it to me agessss ago when she first became vegetarian, and this website turned me Vegan (:
ReplyQuote

Courtney_1 Courtney_1 VIC Posts: 335
8 16 Sep 2010
4_da_animals1 said:
Sorry to spam you with so many posts but when you asked this i had to drag out the poster I was talking about and it's sllightly different to what I said. It says Giving chicks a voice up the top and Darren is sitting cross legged with little baby chickens all around him.
Oh, don't worry about it, it's fine. happy
But aw, that's a very intesting story. happy
But omg, Darren! I really like Kisschasy. love I think he'd be happy if he knew it was him who changed you. [:
ReplyQuote

karenbaby karenbaby ACT Posts: 489
9 16 Sep 2010
I know i love them too happy
And yeah i think he would,i would feel exceptionally proud if i changed someones life for the better ecstatic
ReplyQuote

10 16 Sep 2010
Courtney_ said:
4_da_animals1 said:
Oh, don't worry about it, it's fine. happy
But aw, that's a very intesting story. happy
But omg, Darren! I really like Kisschasy. love I think he'd be happy if he knew it was him who changed you. [:
I want to meet him so bad just so I can give him a huge hug and thank him for everything. He is like my idol. love love love
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au