Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

"They have to use it anyway"

11 - 20 of 27 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Kaedee Kaedee QLD Posts: 54
11 22 Apr 2011
I've had people refuse to watch earthlings because they tell me they like meat too much, and they don't want to know where it comes from! The willingness of people to stay ignorant astounds me.

Sure, I used to like meat, but I like ethical treatment of animals so much better!
ReplyQuote

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
12 22 Apr 2011
Kaedee said:
I've had people refuse to watch earthlings because they tell me they like meat too much, and they don't want to know where it comes from! The willingness of people to stay ignorant astounds me.

Sure, I used to like meat, but I like ethical treatment of animals so much better!
with all the fake meats they have these days vegos barely have to think about giving up the taste anymore. i have omni friends who have gone to vegetarian restaurants and have told me they couldn't tell the difference between the fake meat and real meat.
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
13 23 Apr 2011
RaV3N said:
LOL @ illegal. Where the hell did she pluck that from??? If it were the case, half of the people on this forum would be posting from jail.
Well...you caught me. I was arrested quite a while ago but I was hoping none of you would know I was talking to you while in jail. tongue
ReplyQuote

Operator Operator QLD Posts: 58
14 26 Oct 2011
Kaedee said:

I haven't brought myself to watch Earthlings yet because I'm a big, stupid, baby who needs someone to hold my hand and tell me when the scary bits are over cry ... I think I'm going to watch Food Inc and Forks over Knives first... But I'm already vegan  tongue

But seriously, people that won't give up meat due to the taste do NOT deserve sympathy. They're valuing what? 10 minutes of eating a steak over 15,000 liters of water and a cow's natural 20-25 life span (beef is slaughtered at only 2 years of age!) No matter which way you spin it, that's just being selfish.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
15 26 Oct 2011
Emmy14 said:
Ok, so today my friends and I were discussing vegetarianism an one of my friends started crying (she was eating a suasage from the saussage sizzle today) because we were discussing eating animals and things like that. I had no idea what to say to her...I just said "it's ok" and"don't worry" and she said"I don't want to stop eating meat, i love it, but they are killed so horribly".....
I felt bad for her..... And also on of my friends kept asking me where do I get all my daily nutrirents from, and I said tofu, seeds, all sorts of things...and she said it's illegal to become a vegan from 16 and under..... huh Like, what sort of come-back is that?!?!?!
sounds like something her parents said to her to try and scare her off from becoming vegan!
ReplyQuote

Shahna Lammajamma Shahna Lammajamma QLD Posts: 56
17 26 Oct 2011
Operator said:
Kaedee said:

I haven't brought myself to watch Earthlings yet because I'm a big, stupid, baby who needs someone to hold my hand and tell me when the scary bits are over cry ... I think I'm going to watch Food Inc and Forks over Knives first... But I'm already vegan  tongue

But seriously, people that won't give up meat due to the taste do NOT deserve sympathy. They're valuing what? 10 minutes of eating a steak over 15,000 liters of water and a cow's natural 20-25 life span (beef is slaughtered at only 2 years of age!) No matter which way you spin it, that's just being selfish.
I cant watch Earthlings either, i watched the trailer and was hiding behind my pillow, im such a chicken.. its ok  I dont eat meat anyway but i'd love to be able to get my flat mates to watch it maybe they'd stop mocking me when I eat.
ReplyQuote

Madixoxoxo Madixoxoxo QLD Posts: 31
18 27 Oct 2011
Oh... it took me literally 3 days to watch Earthlings. I had to space it out. I couldn't watch it in one sitting without bawling... wanting to throw up... or just having to close my eyes. It's super sad, and I believe I was traumatized by the end. So... yeah, definitely watch it. But space it out. There's only so much imagery of animal abuse/cruelty/death I can endure. Forks over Knives is epic! So informative. Good luck with watching Earthlings, if and when you do.
ReplyQuote

Operator Operator QLD Posts: 58
19 27 Oct 2011
MadiLovesMerDer said:
Oh... it took me literally 3 days to watch Earthlings. I had to space it out. I couldn't watch it in one sitting without bawling... wanting to throw up... or just having to close my eyes. It's super sad, and I believe I was traumatized by the end. So... yeah, definitely watch it. But space it out. There's only so much imagery of animal abuse/cruelty/death I can endure. Forks over Knives is epic! So informative. Good luck with watching Earthlings, if and when you do.
Thanks for the advice... Although... I don't know. I cry whenever I see the pig in the Mercy for Animals ads... and that's not even graphic.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHdLRrUocOA&feature=player_embedded  - The pig at 0:22)

I'm thinking that I'm going to keep it "up my sleeve" for if I ever begin to back out of veganism... Or maybe if one of my friends forces me to watch it. I'm not sure I'll ever have the courage to watch it alone. sad
ReplyQuote

Nathan Nathan VIC Posts: 148
20 27 Oct 2011
I wouldn't of laughed at her, that would probably push her away from becoming veg.
I would of just agreed that they are treated horribly, and told her to give being veg a try and that I could help her out with it.
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au