Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

"They have to use it anyway"

21 - 27 of 27 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

AmyAmeliaRose AmyAmeliaRose WA Posts: 119
21 28 Oct 2011
All my friends (except my vegan/vego ones) are so ignorant. When I first stopped eating meat one of them was like "Oh Amy I wish I was as strong as you! BUT I love meat too much! Don't you miss it?" I wanted to slap her. She refused to watch Earthings because she was scared she would be put off meat. Come on, it's not even that nice.
ReplyQuote

Cassie3 Cassie3 QLD Posts: 115
22 29 Oct 2011
So now all of we meat eaters are ignorant.  Is this an animal welfare forum or a vego forum.
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
23 29 Oct 2011
Cassie3 said:
So now all of we meat eaters are ignorant.  Is this an animal welfare forum or a vego forum.
No difference.
ReplyQuote

Operator Operator QLD Posts: 58
24 29 Oct 2011
Cassie3 said:
I care about my mother's welfare and therefore, I don't eat her.
ReplyQuote

Zuzana3 Zuzana3 Australia Posts: 7
25 1 Oct 2013
I would feel (no offence to Your friend) scorn for her. I truly resent people who do not WANT to stop eating meat even when knowing where it comes from - yes I know that's "intolerant" of me. but I am an animal person not a people person. wink Anyway, perhaps you may direct her to Melanie Joy she has a book and also a free presentation lecture on her website, which tries to be non-judgmental but rather explainig why we psychologically let ourselves (or sort of are coerced by ideology) to eat meat - maybe that would be a good starting point to make her self reflexive..
Though then again, shaming and guilt may not necessarily be a bad thing as incentives as personally I believe the ends justify the means and if the end is going vegetarian I think that's important..
ReplyQuote

Sol Sol NSW Posts: 26
26 1 Oct 2013
Emmy14 said:
Ok, so today my friends and I were discussing vegetarianism an one of my friends started crying (she was eating a suasage from the saussage sizzle today) because we were discussing eating animals and things like that. I had no idea what to say to her...I just said "it's ok" and"don't worry" and she said"I don't want to stop eating meat, i love it, but they are killed so horribly".....
I felt bad for her..... And also on of my friends kept asking me where do I get all my daily nutrirents from, and I said tofu, seeds, all sorts of things...and she said it's illegal to become a vegan from 16 and under..... huh Like, what sort of come-back is that?!?!?!
Did TONY ABBOTT create this law?    scared    happy
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 328
27 1 Oct 2013
Sol said:
Emmy14 said:
Ok, so today my friends and I were discussing vegetarianism an one of my friends started crying (she was eating a suasage from the saussage sizzle today) because we were discussing eating animals and things like that. I had no idea what to say to her...I just said "it's ok" and"don't worry" and she said"I don't want to stop eating meat, i love it, but they are killed so horribly".....
I felt bad for her..... And also on of my friends kept asking me where do I get all my daily nutrirents from, and I said tofu, seeds, all sorts of things...and she said it's illegal to become a vegan from 16 and under..... huh Like, what sort of come-back is that?!?!?!
Did TONY ABBOTT create this law?    scared    happy
Don't even joke about that, I bet he would eventually if he could!

Lucky he can't really control if we eat animal products or not. Then again he is trying to stop people boycotting brands.

Anyway interesting to know it's illegal, most of the people her must be in jail. I didn't even realize you could have a computer and internet in jail now!
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au