Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Jumps Racing Protest this Saturday, July 25th( VIC)

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Sarah Faith Sarah Faith VIC Posts: 6
1 24 Jul 2009
On Wednesday last week, jumps horse All Square met his death on the track, once again proving that Racing Victoria’s new safety measures are ineffective in stopping horse deaths.

It’s crucial that we maintain pressure on Racing Minister Rob Hulls about this issue and also continue to inform the public of how utterly useless the new safety measures are at preventing injury and death to horses.

This Saturday, The Hiskens Steeplechase, regarded as the Cox plate of jumps racing, will be held forcing more horses to face injury and death.

Please join other Animals Australia volunteers and the Coalition for the Protection of Racehorses in a peaceful demonstration this Saturday at Moonee Valley Racecourse against the Hiskins Steeplechase.

With the highest death rate since 1994 and a fall rate twice as high as 2008, its important a strong presence is at the event to highlight the continuing cruelty.

When: Saturday 25th July:

Where: Moonee Valley Race Track, at the main entrance (McPherson St, Moonee Ponds)

Dress Code: Please dress smart casual as the media will be attending

Time: 11.30am

Duration: approx 3 hours but any time you can volunteer will be appreciated.

Other: Posters and banners will be provided

The greater our numbers, the louder our voice will be against the continuation of jumps racing.

For more details, please email me: aaan (at) animalsaustralia (dot) org
or through the feedback for: http://www.unleashed.org.au/about/contact.php
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
2 25 Jul 2009
Surprise surprise, another horse dead this afternoon.

It enraged me to see on the news workers running out with sheets around the horse so the public wouldn't have to see it. As if they're the ones who need protection.

If they pay to come to the races, they should have to see the disgusting evil they support. I'm so angry right now..
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
3 25 Jul 2009
Kirrilly said:
Surprise surprise, another horse dead this afternoon.

It enraged me to see on the news workers running out with sheets around the horse so the public wouldn't have to see it. As if they're the ones who need protection.

If they pay to come to the races, they should have to see the disgusting evil they support. I'm so angry right now..
It almost feels at the moment that this is beyond disgust.
ReplyQuote

Shirley Shirley NSW Posts: 108
4 25 Jul 2009
wish i could go but i live in sydney NSW sad
darn.
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
5 26 Jul 2009
i was gonna come
but then i had to go 2 this movie premiere about whaling
but then wasnt let in for a random 18+ rule so i could have come anyway
sucks
ReplyQuote

Lancastrian Lancastrian VIC Posts: 310
6 28 Jul 2009
Sorry you ended up wasting your afternoon Jack, but it was *very* cold outside the race track.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au