Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

What are your opinions about animals being kept at local shows, Ekka etc?

1 - 3 of 3 posts

Amelia! Amelia! QLD Posts: 143
1 31 Jul 2009
So we went to our local show tonight, and I have to say that I was really outraged and rather upset/depressed when we went into the budgie pavillion (that seemed to be the only animal pavillion there, thank god). They had crammed the poor little things into extremely small cages and they barely had much space to turn around. Added to that were all the extremely loud noises, rides, music, people tormenting them and people sticking their fingers into the cages and prodding the poor little things. They were so distraught and I had to leave because as I said, I felt really upset in there. I've been to other state shows and I'd have to say that the animals there don't get treated much better. What is everyone elses opinion on keeping animals at these sorts of things?
ReplyQuote

Frenzal bop Frenzal bop SA Posts: 778
2 31 Jul 2009
Im sorry you had to see that.

It depends on the type of show and peoples attitudes towards the animals. I know some one who breeds bengals (cats) and her breeder male loves going in shows where one of his kittens hates it and was retired after her first 3 shows.

Though generally they are bad and the animals are viewed more as a display rather then a living creature.
ReplyQuote

Amelia! Amelia! QLD Posts: 143
3 31 Jul 2009
Frenzal Bop said:
Im sorry you had to see that.

It depends on the type of show and peoples attitudes towards the animals. I know some one who breeds bengals (cats) and her breeder male loves going in shows where one of his kittens hates it and was retired after her first 3 shows.

Though generally they are bad and the animals are viewed more as a display rather then a living creature.
Yea, the different animals have different personalities; some love it and some hate it. But I totally agree with you, that they are seen as a display, and are treated that way. I don't really think its fair on the animals, like the budgies I saw tonight, that have to stay in those small little cages for a week or two.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au