Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Sneaky spring rolls

1 - 10 of 24 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Little_Kitty Little_Kitty United Kingdom Posts: 376
1 30 Sep 2010
So..my boyfriend went to get takeaway and i wanted some vego spring rolls.. anyway he apparently orderd them, brought them back, and Itook a big bite into one and was horrified to see it was full of minced up pork or beef or something.
Its the first meat I've had since going vego.
I actually felt disgusted.
So now I get no dinner and he got 2 lots.
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
2 30 Sep 2010
Oh Yuck! Its a fear of mine that something like that will happen. You definitely shouldn't feel bad though. It was not your fault at all.
I hope you called up and asked why they gave you meat spring rolls when you asked for veg ones. Is there any chance it was mock meat?
ReplyQuote

Shorty Shorty QLD Posts: 479
3 30 Sep 2010
Little_Kitty said:
So..my boyfriend went to get takeaway and i wanted some vego spring rolls.. anyway he apparently orderd them, brought them back, and Itook a big bite into one and was horrified to see it was full of minced up pork or beef or something.
Its the first meat I've had since going vego.
I actually felt disgusted.
So now I get no dinner and he got 2 lots.
damn that really sucks. Its they're veg spring rolls then why the hell would they put meat in them?!? grr stupid takeaway shop

I was worried about opening this thread because I was just putting a spring roll in my mouth as I saw it. Glad mine really are veg.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
4 30 Sep 2010
sad gross! Don't feel bad though, accidents happen happy

It's strange coz was just thinking the other day that most omni places I eat at have veggie spring rolls more so than meat.

Does anyone know if any or all frozen veg spring rolls at the supermarket are vegan?
ReplyQuote

Shorty Shorty QLD Posts: 479
5 30 Sep 2010
ckimana said:

It's strange coz was just thinking the other day that most omni places I eat at have veggie spring rolls more so than meat.

Does anyone know if any or all frozen veg spring rolls at the supermarket are vegan?
I was just eating Ho Mai Yum Cha veg spring rolls. I'm 99.99% sure they're vegan and you can get them at woolies
ReplyQuote

6 30 Sep 2010
Mondayschild said:
Oh Yuck! Its a fear of mine that something like that will happen. You definitely shouldn't feel bad though. It was not your fault at all.
I hope you called up and asked why they gave you meat spring rolls when you asked for veg ones. Is there any chance it was mock meat?
no it was mince.i disliked mince even when i was a meat eater
now im grumpy and hungry and my boyfriend doesnt care. he wont go back and fix it
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
7 30 Sep 2010
Shorty said:
ckimana said:

I was just eating Ho Mai Yum Cha veg spring rolls. I'm 99.99% sure they're vegan and you can get them at woolies
I think I've had them before and also the Home Brand ones. Doesn't look like there's anything suss, but who knows thesedays!
ReplyQuote

carinaforkeeps carinaforkeeps NSW Posts: 484
8 30 Sep 2010
Little_Kitty said:
he wont go back and fix it
can't you?
ReplyQuote

9 30 Sep 2010
carinaforkeeps said:
Little_Kitty said:
can't you?
im in my pjs
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
10 30 Sep 2010
Little_Kitty said:
carinaforkeeps said:
Little_Kitty said:
can't you?
im in my pjs
make a scene in pj's it would be hilarious! I would be.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au