Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Sneaky spring rolls

11 - 20 of 24 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Courtney_1 Courtney_1 VIC Posts: 335
11 1 Oct 2010
Oh gosh, that's horrible! I always worry about those things when I eat out at resturants, escipally places like Chinese. <- Not meaning it in a racist way, it's just where I go they can't speak English to well & they don't really understand what vegan is.
D':
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
12 1 Oct 2010
THAT HAPPENED TO ME ONCE TOO
AT  FIRST I THUGHT IT WAS JUST TOFU I LOOKED AT IT AND WAS LIKE F*C* ITS CHCIKEN
ReplyQuote

Jackie Jackie NSW Posts: 229
13 1 Oct 2010
Shorty said:
I was just eating Ho Mai Yum Cha veg spring rolls. I'm 99.99% sure they're vegan and you can get them at woolies
The Ho Mai Yum Cha spring rolls are vegan happy
You can also buy an 'entertainment pack' or something from them, which is 100% vegan & contains 50 something pieces of spring rolls, money bags, & samosas.
Ho Mai do also make spring rolls that contain beef, so just make sure you check the ingredients so you don't grab them instead!
ReplyQuote

Karen Karen Australia Posts: 993
14 1 Oct 2010
Unleashed Admin
cry

This happened to me just this week!

We ordered two serves of vegetarian cold rolls. When we got home it was clear that they'd given us ONE serve of vegetarian rolls and one serve of mystery meat rolls. *gag*

It's carelessness I think. Even if you don't go back to correct the order, it's worth letting them know so that they can hopefully pay more attention next time, keep their customers, and reduce waste...
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
15 1 Oct 2010
Karen said:
cry

This happened to me just this week!

We ordered two serves of vegetarian cold rolls. When we got home it was clear that they'd given us ONE serve of vegetarian rolls and one serve of mystery meat rolls. *gag*

It's carelessness I think. Even if you don't go back to correct the order, it's worth letting them know so that they can hopefully pay more attention next time, keep their customers, and reduce waste...
...this is happened to me as well. Coincidence? Or...CONSPIRACY!! *gasp*
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
16 1 Oct 2010
In a Thai restaurant I asked for tofu, they gave me tofu with fish in it... WTF??
ReplyQuote

Little_Kitty Little_Kitty United Kingdom Posts: 376
17 1 Oct 2010
i would of gone back but i was already in bed...i got up at like 1am and had a bowl of cereal.

It was just the strangest thing, knowing all the stuff i do about meat since i became vego, even the texture of it in my mouth felt horrid.

and i was worried i would miss meat...pfftt ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
18 1 Oct 2010
Yep yep, I ordered a vegetarian pasta from my local pizza shop a few weeks ago. Usually no problem, but I dug in and started eating, even had a few mouth fulls and then stopped and looked and dug around a bit and it was meat in the sauce, not veggies sad I felt so horrible, I had tears in my eyes. My bf and dad were so good about it though, they jumped up and the bf was all ready to call them for me and dad went back and got me a DOUBLE CHECKED veggo one.

I've always had vegetarian spring rolls, since before i was veggo, just coz I don't l ike mystery meat and I never liked seafood so didn't want a shrimp one. So ya, a meaty springroll would suck so bad. sad I loove veggie spring rolls. YUMMM. Might stock up on that vegan one!!
ReplyQuote

Shorty Shorty QLD Posts: 479
19 1 Oct 2010
Tanyaka said:
Yep yep, I ordered a vegetarian pasta from my local pizza shop a few weeks ago. Usually no problem, but I dug in and started eating, even had a few mouth fulls and then stopped and looked and dug around a bit and it was meat in the sauce, not veggies sad I felt so horrible, I had tears in my eyes. My bf and dad were so good about it though, they jumped up and the bf was all ready to call them for me and dad went back and got me a DOUBLE CHECKED veggo one.

I've always had vegetarian spring rolls, since before i was veggo, just coz I don't l ike mystery meat and I never liked seafood so didn't want a shrimp one. So ya, a meaty springroll would suck so bad. sad I loove veggie spring rolls. YUMMM. Might stock up on that vegan one!!
same here, Ive always eaten vegetarian spring rolls.. you should definitely stock up on them they taste sooo good happy I go through a box of 60 in less than a week lol

hmm it seems like most people here have accidentally eaten meat at some point  sad I'm worried that it'll happen to me sometime
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
20 1 Oct 2010
I found a restaurant that serves THE BEST EVER veggie spring rolls... if you happen to be in the area.... check out the Faulconbridge Chinese Restaurant in Faulconbridge, NSW....in the Blue Mountains =D

http://www.faulconbridgerestaurant.com.au/

And the people working there are SO SO SO nice =) They will give you vegan options. I recommend the Bean Curd Peking Style...yummers!
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).