Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Documentaries Opposing Animal Rights

1 - 10 of 13 posts   1 | 2  

april-san april-san QLD Posts: 368
1 11 Oct 2010
This term's topic in English is documentaries, and for our assessment we have to choose a documentary from a short list (or okay a different one with the teacher), analyse it then present a persuasive speech opposing the view presented in the documentary.

I'd love to bring animal rights into this somehow. Last year we did a similar assessment where we opposed newspaper articles. I found one about the egg industry, and afterwards loads of people were talking about my "chicken speech" and saying how much it affected them.  chick

So does anyone know of any documentaries which either oppose animal rights or otherwise would enable me to discuss animal issues in some way?
ReplyQuote

Tanya M Tanya M VIC Posts: 741
2 11 Oct 2010
I think you mean supporting animal rights  wink

What about "Meet your Meat"?
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
3 11 Oct 2010
Interesting doco on animal rights and economic 'terrorism' in respect to animal research...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-229675893034323266#
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
4 11 Oct 2010
You could take the environmental side and  do Meat the Truth, since it's a relatively short doco. (Like Tanya I'm assuming you mean 'supporting' animal rights)
ReplyQuote

5 11 Oct 2010
Nope, we have to oppose the documentary, so I'm trying to find something that opposes animal rights so then I can go on about how horrible the documentary is and why it's wrong happy
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
6 11 Oct 2010
april-san said:
Nope, we have to oppose the documentary, so I'm trying to find something that opposes animal rights so then I can go on about how horrible the documentary is and why it's wrong happy
The above link I provided sheds a more negative light on animal rights activists.
ReplyQuote

Tanya M Tanya M VIC Posts: 741
7 11 Oct 2010
april-san said:
Ah, now I understand.
ReplyQuote

8 11 Oct 2010
TheSixthStitch said:
april-san said:
The above link I provided sheds a more negative light on animal rights activists.
I'm watching it now, thanks for that happy
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
9 11 Oct 2010
If there is a particular company that you would like to tear to bits... maybe you could visit their website, or research them a little.... they may have videos that you could use???
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
10 11 Oct 2010
sarahbentvelzen said:
If there is a particular company that you would like to tear to bits... maybe you could visit their website, or research them a little.... they may have videos that you could use???
For instance, McDonalds created ads a while ago with 'unbiased' information about where their meat comes from etc.... don't know if that will help.... does it have to be a doco?
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au