Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Parents.

1 - 7 of 7 posts

mady june mady june NSW Posts: 38
1 17 Oct 2010
So, my parents are getting alittle 'bitter' i guess you could say, about me turning vegetarian.
They don't support me anymore, and when i asked maybe we could start using some brands that aren't tested on animals (which are cheaper) they said no, thats stupid.
I don't know what to do, i've backed off with suggestions, and now i think they're trying to get me to eat meat, what do i do? sad
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
2 17 Oct 2010
Stay strong! They probably think this is just another phase which will pass, but I'm sure once they notice you are going to stick to a vegetarian diet they may ease up a little.

If you have any money of your own perhaps you could purchase some of the brands you have suggested and show them that they DO work.
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
3 18 Oct 2010
I hate when parents assume you're going through a phase because you are passionate about something. Since when is vegetarianism/veganism a phase anyhow? A 'phase' suggests that it is something that everyone is doing, like you're following sheep or something; a fad, you know... well, at least that's what I think. You know, like all those i-Fads, lol! wink

Earlier this year my mum randomly asked me if I was "going through the goth phase still"... I mean, what the hell is that?
ReplyQuote

4 18 Oct 2010
I agree with RaV3N... definitely stick it out. If you gave in to your parents' wish to eat meat again, then it would just confirm their belief that it was just a 'phase'.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
5 18 Oct 2010
sarahbentvelzen said:
I hate when parents assume you're going through a phase because you are passionate about something. Since when is vegetarianism/veganism a phase anyhow? A 'phase' suggests that it is something that everyone is doing, like you're following sheep or something; a fad, you know... well, at least that's what I think. You know, like all those i-Fads, lol! wink

Earlier this year my mum randomly asked me if I was "going through the goth phase still"... I mean, what the hell is that?
hahahahahaha apparently i want to become a goth.... -_-" and i remember over-hearing my mum talking to her friend about me, my mum was all like "do you think this is just another phase of hers she will get over like everything else?"
ReplyQuote

6 18 Oct 2010
4_da_animals1 said:
sarahbentvelzen said:

hahahahahaha apparently i want to become a goth.... -_-" and i remember over-hearing my mum talking to her friend about me, my mum was all like "do you think this is just another phase of hers she will get over like everything else?"
I don't think my mum meant I was a goth because I was vegetarian, but because I wear quite a lot of black... and at the time I had bright blue hair... and dark lips... so I must have been goth purely by my look... and not because I am a Goth from the East Germanic tribe of the 3rd century A.D.

I especially hate it when they talk about it to other people, like it's a medical condition and they should be concerned. It's quite demeaning really!
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
7 18 Oct 2010
sarahbentvelzen said:
4_da_animals1 said:
sarahbentvelzen said:

I don't think my mum meant I was a goth because I was vegetarian, but because I wear quite a lot of black... and at the time I had bright blue hair... and dark lips... so I must have been goth purely by my look... and not because I am a Goth from the East Germanic tribe of the 3rd century A.D.

I especially hate it when they talk about it to other people, like it's a medical condition and they should be concerned. It's quite demeaning really!
yeah just a little! The goth thing isnt derived from the vegetarian thing with my mother, it is my use of black and the fact that im "grumpy" all the time.
that's what she calls my depression and anxiety, "grumpiness" =/
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au