Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

cruelty free makeup

1 - 10 of 36 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

pumpkin pumpkin VIC Posts: 6
1 25 Oct 2010
Id love it if someone could recommend an awesome cruelty free foundation.  Have used bodyshop in the past but noted that ccf have taken them off the accredited list.  : /
Thanks heaps!
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
2 25 Oct 2010
Lush foundations (they call them Colour Supplements) are fantastic. You can use them straight for full coverage or mix with moisturiser to get a consistency that you like- which they recommend. A little jar goes a long way and not only are they cruelty free, they are don't contain all the nasty chemicals which a lot of other make up does.
ReplyQuote

Chanelle Chanelle WA Posts: 28
3 25 Oct 2010
heyy happy im exactly the same as youu
if this helps some popular makeup brands that have been known to test on animals are:
covergirl, maybeline, loreal, max factorso just avoid them and you will be fine happy
ReplyQuote

Sakura Sakura VIC Posts: 82
4 25 Oct 2010
Inika make really nice mineral make up that is completely natural, cruelty free and CCF accredited.
http://www.inika.com.au/

They are also very well known for their synthetic make up brushes especially the Kabuki Brush which is just as good if not better then the usual animal hair ones..
http://www.inika.com.au/brushes/brushes-kabuki-brush
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
5 25 Oct 2010
Definately Pure Gaisha all the way!!! Love their mineral makeup! www.puregaisha.com.au

But if you want something, not online, that's cheaper and still works great, try Natio (from Myer). They don't test on animals and most of their products are vegan except the lipstick/mascara but you can contact them for a current list happy
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
6 25 Oct 2010
ckimana said:
Definately Pure Gaisha all the way!!! Love their mineral makeup! www.puregaisha.com.au

But if you want something, not online, that's cheaper and still works great, try Natio (from Myer). They don't test on animals and most of their products are vegan except the lipstick/mascara but you can contact them for a current list happy
I will second Natio, their make up is nice happy
ReplyQuote

ecochick ecochick SA Posts: 214
7 25 Oct 2010
I LOVE Australis and Face of Australia, they're cheap, redily available, work well, and im pretty sure they're accredited. happy
Also, i havn't tried it but Nude by Nature seems really good too... a bit pricey though
ReplyQuote

carinaforkeeps carinaforkeeps NSW Posts: 484
8 25 Oct 2010
ecochick said:
I LOVE Australis and Face of Australia, they're cheap, redily available, work well, and im pretty sure they're accredited. happy
Also, i havn't tried it but Nude by Nature seems really good too... a bit pricey though
Australis isn't vegan. Not sure about the others.
ReplyQuote

Janine Janine NSW Posts: 232
9 25 Oct 2010
Face of Australia has alot of vegan products but not all. I like Adorn foundation as i am quite pale ad find all other brands lightest to be still too dark sad
ReplyQuote

AshleyHippie AshleyHippie VIC Posts: 44
10 25 Oct 2010
Rae said:
Inika make really nice mineral make up that is completely natural, cruelty free and CCF accredited.
http://www.inika.com.au/

They are also very well known for their synthetic make up brushes especially the Kabuki Brush which is just as good if not better then the usual animal hair ones..
http://www.inika.com.au/brushes/brushes-kabuki-brush
I use inika, it's a bit pricey so I've been looking for a cheaper one though they're really good and sometimes have deals like free shipping like around mothers day or if your orders over a hundo.

all their stuffs vegan, cruelty free etc. except the lip whips have bees wax in them.

I know of lush though when i went to their store I saw mostly soaps and bath bombs and didn't seam to have any makeup type things, I'll look for colour correctors next time I'm there now happy.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au