Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Perfume and scent

1 - 10 of 16 posts   1 | 2  

Heather. Heather. QLD Posts: 230
1 26 Oct 2010
Hi I was wondering what brands of perfumes contain Animal products? What shouldnt I buy?
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
2 26 Oct 2010
There are that many new perfumes out there these days it's hard to keep up. But as a general rule stay away from most of the big players who usually test on animals.

I purchase most of my perfume from The Body Shop. I believe Lush also has perfume like things (I've only ever been in there once, but from what I remember...).
ReplyQuote

bitchanca bitchanca VIC Posts: 117
3 27 Oct 2010
http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/companies/default.aspx
here you can search by product type, so look up by fragrances
it is american though so there are brands that we don't have here

revlon and avon don't test, and they have perfumes
but you have to be wary of musk, because it is originally animal derived
but I'm guessing cheaper brands would use synthetic fragrances anyway?
I tried contacting revlon asking where their musk comes from but I didn't get a reply
I think the lush solid perfumes have beeswax, or some of them at least aren't vegan.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
4 27 Oct 2010
RaV3N said:
There are that many new perfumes out there these days it's hard to keep up. But as a general rule stay away from most of the big players who usually test on animals.

I purchase most of my perfume from The Body Shop. I believe Lush also has perfume like things (I've only ever been in there once, but from what I remember...).
I steer clear of any perfumes at shops too. They either contain animal bits or test.

I buy from www.venustus.com.au. The "Tahiti" perfume is gorgeous!

Also, www.puregaisha.com.au have lovely solid perfumes.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
5 27 Oct 2010
My Dad got me perfume for my birthday
he asked which one I would like and I said 'one that doesn't test on animals'

So he got me DKNY Pure- its smells amazing and its carbon neutral apparently

He said she was an activist... but then I looked into it... she's a humanitarian and she sells heaps of fur!!!!!!!!!!

But the perfume is not tested on animals. Just an evil company.

But still cute he made the effort.

I love the body shops fragrance oils... are they vegan?
ReplyQuote

6 27 Oct 2010
wild child2 said:
My Dad got me perfume for my birthday
he asked which one I would like and I said 'one that doesn't test on animals'

So he got me DKNY Pure- its smells amazing and its carbon neutral apparently

He said she was an activist... but then I looked into it... she's a humanitarian and she sells heaps of fur!!!!!!!!!!

But the perfume is not tested on animals. Just an evil company.

But still cute he made the effort.

I love the body shops fragrance oils... are they vegan?
Don't you hate that, that they can sell something cruelty free then sell fur! Grrr...

That was really nice of your dad to go to the effort though! It's funny that most ppl will have some idea about cruelty issues or animal ingredients but not know everything. My bf knew about gelatine in lollies but not code 120. It just comes down to education.
ReplyQuote

ZoolNerd ZoolNerd NSW Posts: 1005
7 27 Oct 2010
I have a solid Perfume from Lush thats vegan. Lush is great, about 95% of their stuff is vegan, only a small % have honey in them. Thats all.

I use one called Comforter. its Blueberry and blackberry flavour with hints of chocolate happy My boyfriend and I love it so much we rub it on the tips of our nose so we can smell it for hours happy
ReplyQuote

8 27 Oct 2010
ZoolNerd said:
I have a solid Perfume from Lush thats vegan. Lush is great, about 95% of their stuff is vegan, only a small % have honey in them. Thats all.

I use one called Comforter. its Blueberry and blackberry flavour with hints of chocolate happy My boyfriend and I love it so much we rub it on the tips of our nose so we can smell it for hours happy
Yum! Makes me wanna go out and buy some now!
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
9 27 Oct 2010
ckimana said:
ZoolNerd said:

Yum! Makes me wanna go out and buy some now!
It is soo addictive! I re apply it probably every five minutes wink
ReplyQuote

charlotte.g charlotte.g VIC Posts: 49
10 27 Oct 2010
where can you buy 'lush' perfumes? can you get them online?
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au