Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

SSE

1 - 7 of 7 posts

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
1 29 Oct 2010
I am going to nominate myself to be a part of the SSE In year 12, so I have more of a voice for the animals and the enviroment in this school!!!! I'm hoping to get some animal friendly options in the uniform department for instance, and some recycle bins because we have none!!!!!
Maybe you guys could help me out with a speech thingo for my application? I'm not too good at doing those haha peace
If you can't help with that... wish me luck!!!!
ReplyQuote

Brendon Brendon NSW Posts: 1212
2 29 Oct 2010
Good luck!

BTW recycle bins into schools is hard!!!!
My partner is a high school teacher and the SRC tried to implement them but you've got to pay money for someone to regularly pick up the bins and the school wouldn't put the money forward.
=(
ReplyQuote

3 29 Oct 2010
BreadmanInAus said:
Good luck!

My partner is a high school teacher and the SRC tried to implement them but you've got to pay money for someone to regularly pick up the bins and the school wouldn't put the money forward.
=(
Well hopefully we'll be able to get them in.. I reckon the money from recycling all those empty plastic bottles could pay for the trucks to pick them up!
ReplyQuote

TofuUnleashed TofuUnleashed TAS Posts: 986
4 29 Oct 2010
GOOD LUCK!!! beaverhug
YOU CAN DO IT!!!
dance dance dance dance dance dance
ReplyQuote

5 29 Oct 2010
TofuUnleashed said:
GOOD LUCK!!! beaverhug
YOU CAN DO IT!!!
dance dance dance dance dance dance
I asked my "friend" whether she would vote for me...... she said she would "think" about it... has to look at other candidates first. Kinda hurts. Specially seeing as I said it was because I want to try and help make the school more enviromentally and animal friendly. =(
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
6 29 Oct 2010
BreadmanInAus said:
Good luck!

=(
my school now has them in all the classrooms and in the playground so thats good
after our SRC did some stuff to perseude them lol
ReplyQuote

Rahh Rahh VIC Posts: 24
7 29 Oct 2010
BreadmanInAus said:
Good luck!

=(
I work at a school and we had the same problem. For ages the staff were trying to get our board to approve but there was the money issue of pick up and a problem with who would empty the individual bins as the cleaners wouldn’t because it wasn’t in their contract. We ended up getting a bunch of kids together to form a Recycle Club and do it. Unfortunately we only recycle paper atm sad
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au