Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Stuff to do with leftovers

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
1 2 Nov 2010
Hey guys,
I have this problem with my mum and I'm sure others experience it too. Its when you cook too much food for one meal and in an effort to reduce waste, are forced to eat it for the next.
"Leftovers" hahaha... but I'm a picky eater and avoid having the exact same thing twice in a row. wink

So what are your creative ideas to make another meal out of leftovers? I have a few:

-Use curries, taco-fillings, veggies & mash, stir-fries or even pasta as a filling for your next burrito. For an extra touch, press it in a sandwich press/george forman to crispen the outside happy NOM!

-Stir-fries and 'sloppy meals' are actually great as a pizza. Simply pop some on a base and after 15 min in the oven.... voila!!
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
2 3 Nov 2010
I'm no help, I often eat left over dinner for lunch the next day and the rest I just freeze for another dinner. happy

One thing I do like to do..if I make a chilli, I will put left over chilli in tortillas and make quesadillas. So yummy.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
3 3 Nov 2010
Somethings I do....

Make bolognaise one night and the next night add chilli, capsicum, beans etc and have with rice as chilli con vege lol or you could mix with spiral pasta and more veg and have as a pasta bake.

Or we will make chow mein (vego of course) and the following night we use it in pasties and have with mash and veg.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
4 3 Nov 2010
Freeze it for next time happy
ReplyQuote

Mr Gone Mr Gone NSW Posts: 141
5 3 Nov 2010
Mr K is on a strict diet to ensure there is no leftovers. You shuld do it too.
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
6 3 Nov 2010
Um, I generally just freeze it and eat it another time. But if I make spaghetti bolognese, it's really good the next day (without the pasta of course) on toast.
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
7 4 Nov 2010
I don't mind eating the same thing a dozen times in a row, Lol, so I usually just eat it for the next meal.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
8 4 Nov 2010
Valkyrie Uruz said:
Um, I generally just freeze it and eat it another time. But if I make spaghetti bolognese, it's really good the next day (without the pasta of course) on toast.
Oo Oo Oo!! What about left over bolognaise on pizzaaaaa with avocado nom nom  clap
ReplyQuote

Shorty Shorty QLD Posts: 479
9 4 Nov 2010
Cant help much sorry.

I pretty much eat everything I make, even If I make too much. lol I'm surprised I'm not fat! ecstatic

I'm a really picky eater too but I go through phases where i'll eat the same thing everyday for weeks, then not want to eat the food for several months. atm it's spring rolls tongue
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
10 4 Nov 2010
Oh, I know what I do with left overs sometimes...
Jaffles. Or make pasties/curry puff type things with puff pastry. yummmm.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).