Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Oral presentation: Animal rights or homosexuality?

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

Courtney_1 Courtney_1 VIC Posts: 335
1 3 Nov 2010
In just under two weeks, my class has to present an oral presentation on an issue thats in the newspaper (Im pretty sure that animal and homosexuality/homophobia) would be in the newspaper and Id like some opinions on what I should do. happy
Last year I did a huge oral presentation about animal cruelty including live exports and testing on animals and earlier this year I did an oral presentation on Jumps Racing and I would love to do something again to inform people about what really happens, but my girlfriend and I (who is also on Unleashed) have recently came out to the school about our bisexuality. (Start of this term).
Weve gotten so many comments, stare, snickers and remarks from homophobic people, but we told ourselves before we came out about it that we wouldnt care about what people say and we dont.  happy
But Id really like to do an oral presentation about why there is nothing wrong with homosexual people seeming so many year levels at our school know.
Some things like how horrible gay bashing is and why homosexuals should have the right to marry etc, Id like to bring up... [:

If you were in my position, which one would you choose to do and why?
Animal rights and homosexuality are both very important things to me. love
wink
ReplyQuote

Brendon Brendon NSW Posts: 1212
2 3 Nov 2010
Courtney_ said:
In just under two weeks, my class has to present an oral presentation on an issue thats in the newspaper (Im pretty sure that animal and homosexuality/homophobia) would be in the newspaper and Id like some opinions on what I should do. happy
Last year I did a huge oral presentation about animal cruelty including live exports and testing on animals and earlier this year I did an oral presentation on Jumps Racing and I would love to do something again to inform people about what really happens, but my girlfriend and I (who is also on Unleashed) have recently came out to the school about our bisexuality. (Start of this term).
Weve gotten so many comments, stare, snickers and remarks from homophobic people, but we told ourselves before we came out about it that we wouldnt care about what people say and we dont.  happy
But Id really like to do an oral presentation about why there is nothing wrong with homosexual people seeming so many year levels at our school know.
Some things like how horrible gay bashing is and why homosexuals should have the right to marry etc, Id like to bring up... [:

wink
As a vegan in a male-male relationship this is a hard one but I'd bring them together.
It's all connected to peoples ignorance and the media playing on it. Maybe that's what you should do?

If it really came down to it I'd do animal rights as they have less acknowledgement in the media.
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
3 3 Nov 2010
its up to you rally

i saw something a few months ago about how the 2 movements are related
maybe you could do a bit on both and then compare them?
ReplyQuote

4 3 Nov 2010
BreadmanInAus said:
Courtney_ said:

wink
As a vegan in a male-male relationship this is a hard one but I'd bring them together.
It's all connected to peoples ignorance and the media playing on it. Maybe that's what you should do?

If it really came down to it I'd do animal rights as they have less acknowledgement in the media.
I know, it's a tough choice so I thought I'd ask on Unleashed to see if I could get any opinions. I'm pretty sure our teacher would let us combine two things togther, I'd have to see though. happy

Sounds like a good idea... If I did though, what should I do? Anything to graphic the teacher wouldn't allow. >.<
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
5 3 Nov 2010
maybe compare rights of animals and gay people ,

the ways they have advanced in recent times??

idk lol
ReplyQuote

6 3 Nov 2010
jack said:
maybe compare rights of animals and gay people ,

the ways they have advanced in recent times??

idk lol
Oh, sounds like a good idea. I'll see what I can do! happy
ReplyQuote

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
7 3 Nov 2010
Maybe do an expository kind of piece on the way the mainstream view minority groups, and focus on animal rights and LGBT?
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
8 3 Nov 2010
I reckon everyone's got the right idea. Find a way to link the two. Maybe have the topic as inequality or media representations of minority groups and use animal rights/homosexuality as your examples.
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
9 19 Mar 2011
I reckon do a presentation on rights.
Example: "Everybody has the right to (insert what you think here) no matter if he/she is Animal, Female, Male or bisexual"

You think? Hope this helps!  happy wave
ReplyQuote

Jacqui T Jacqui T NSW Posts: 796
10 19 Mar 2011
My HSC Legal Studies essay was on homosexual de facto relationships and how they are not seen in the same way legally in all states, how in one state they can be seen as a couple while in another they're not.

Basically, what would happen if a gay couple were married in one state then moved to another and split up, would it be seen as a divorce under that court or not?

I got close to full marks.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au