Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Remembrance Day

1 - 8 of 8 posts

SuperJessi! SuperJessi! NSW Posts: 18
1 11 Nov 2010
So, as most of you know (I should hope) today is Remembrance Day.
I was disappointed this morning to see, when I did my usual facebook check, that NOT ONE of my friends and "friends" had posted a "Lest We Forget" update.

After I had posted mine, seems like everyone felt the guilts that they had forgotten and were reminded by my post, so since 11:11 there has been a slight influx of Remembrance Day posts...

I don't know where the rest of you stand on the idea of war and whatnot, I for one am not a fan of it, but I will still remember our fallen soldiers for what they've done for our country.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
2 11 Nov 2010
I did happy

Add me !!

www.facebook.com/LeesaHodgson

My Grandad is a WWII Vet  love
ReplyQuote

- Kitty Freak - - Kitty Freak - SA Posts: 1071
3 11 Nov 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-CpCUOygqU

On the subject of soldiers and war..watch this
ReplyQuote

4 11 Nov 2010
- Kitty Freak - said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-CpCUOygqU

On the subject of soldiers and war..watch this
Wow is this for real?
Who is this guy?
ReplyQuote

6 11 Nov 2010
Biophiliac said:
My grandfather was a Japanese prisoner of war, at the Changi prison camp (ABC ran a drama on it a while back, was really interesting) He was a priest, and when he was conscripted he refused to bear arms, so the made him a medical orderly. Luckily for him, at the prison camp they needed people to tend the sick/wounded so he worked with the famous Weary Dunlop (You know, that dude on some of the 50c coins) and had a much easier time than a lot of the others because of it.

But yeah, that's a pretty neat video. Would be nice if more soldiers thought like he did, but.. Read some of the comments from other soldiers that have been posted. He's probably, unfortunately, in the minority.
Wow that's an amazing story about your Grandfather.
My Grandfather fought in the Battle of Slaters Knoll on Bougainville Island in WWII but that's about all we know because he doesn't like to talk about it - at all.
ReplyQuote

- Kitty Freak - - Kitty Freak - SA Posts: 1071
7 11 Nov 2010
wild child2 said:
Biophiliac said:
My grandfather was a Japanese prisoner of war, at the Changi prison camp (ABC ran a drama on it a while back, was really interesting) He was a priest, and when he was conscripted he refused to bear arms, so the made him a medical orderly. Luckily for him, at the prison camp they needed people to tend the sick/wounded so he worked with the famous Weary Dunlop (You know, that dude on some of the 50c coins) and had a much easier time than a lot of the others because of it.

But yeah, that's a pretty neat video. Would be nice if more soldiers thought like he did, but.. Read some of the comments from other soldiers that have been posted. He's probably, unfortunately, in the minority.
Wow that's an amazing story about your Grandfather.
My Grandfather fought in the Battle of Slaters Knoll on Bougainville Island in WWII but that's about all we know because he doesn't like to talk about it - at all.
Unfortunately, i would agree..
I wish he wasn't though.
It would be amazing if more people would think like that..
ReplyQuote

SuperJessi! SuperJessi! NSW Posts: 18
8 11 Nov 2010
It's good to see that there are people from our generation that care about our diggers.
I can't really say any of my family members served in any war, although my great grandmother was killed by Nazis.

Thanks for sharing your stories, guys happy
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au