Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Help responding to posts on fb re: fur etc and the website 'animal wrongs'

1 - 7 of 7 posts

Tracey Tracey QLD Posts: 127
1 11 Nov 2010
I dont know if anyone else has the same problem, I have a person on my facebook who often posts about how much he wants a fur coat and other silly things like that. He often puts up links to things like this website called 'animal wrongs' which apparently 'debunks' myths perpetrated by animal rights people. I commented on this link he posted with something like
'any excuse will do for humans to eat/have/consume exactly what they want at any expense to other sentient, living beings.
But I really dont know what to say to his reply of:
"its in our nature to consume from other living beings . there is nothing wrong from taking from animals as long as its done humanely . not everyone believes in animal rights . i personally believe groups dedicated to animals should be pushing for welfare not rights becuase not everyone personal in the world is going to turn vegan . nor would that solve all the worlds problems as many claim, it would have its own enviromental ramifications"'
This is the link:
http://www.animalwrongs.com/2009/09/exploding-seal-population-devastates-fish-stocks/
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
2 11 Nov 2010
Tracey said:
I dont know if anyone else has the same problem, I have a person on my facebook who often posts about how much he wants a fur coat and other silly things like that. He often puts up links to things like this website called 'animal wrongs' which apparently 'debunks' myths perpetrated by animal rights people. I commented on this link he posted with something like
'any excuse will do for humans to eat/have/consume exactly what they want at any expense to other sentient, living beings.
"its in our nature to consume from other living beings . there is nothing wrong from taking from animals as long as its done humanely . not everyone believes in animal rights . i personally believe groups dedicated to animals should be pushing for welfare not rights becuase not everyone personal in the world is going to turn vegan . nor would that solve all the worlds problems as many claim, it would have its own enviromental ramifications"'
This is the link:
http://www.animalwrongs.com/2009/09/exploding-seal-population-devastates-fish-stocks/
I kind of agree with what he's saying, but it's pretty contradictory to say that as a justification for buying fur, lol!
ReplyQuote

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
3 11 Nov 2010
If he really want a fur coat then direct him to watch earthlings. there is no such thing as an "humane" fur trade.
ReplyQuote

Tracey Tracey QLD Posts: 127
4 11 Nov 2010
i think there is something wrong with taking from other animals myself. and he would probably find a justification for the pain they go through anyway...
ReplyQuote

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
5 11 Nov 2010
sarahbentvelzen said:
Tracey said:
know if anyone else has the same problem, I have a person on my facebook who often posts about how much he wants a fur coat and other silly things like that. He often puts up links to things like this website called 'animal wrongs' which apparently 'debunks' myths perpetrated by animal rights people. I commented on this link he posted with something like
This is the link:
My reply would be:
It may have once been our nature to hunt for food and pelts to clothe us, however humanity has long surpassed it's need for such practices. As for "nothing wrong with taking from animals" by your logic it is acceptable to take the skin from your neighbour and wear it as a coat or artificially inseminate your mother and force her to carry children to then become the meal on your plate until she becomes so worn down that she is no longer of economic value, as long as they live their lives "humanely". humans are animals too, many people forget that. There is no difference between eating or wearing human and non-human animal products except that society condones one and abhors the other. To believe that humanity has dominion over all creatures and the right to do with them what they will is incredibly arrogant and selfish. Once, humans thanked the animals they killed for the sacrifice they made, when was the last time you thanked the cow for giving up their life to become the burger or the steak on you table?
ReplyQuote

Rainbow Fox Rainbow Fox QLD Posts: 91
6 11 Nov 2010
My response: if you are going to wear it or eat it, you better be able to kill that animal yourself! I hate when people could never 'hurt a fly' but still eat meat.

Obviously it isn't practical for everyone to have a cow in their backyard for munching on, but I mean in a broader sense. I am sure a lot of people, even if they have never killed an animal know if they could or not.

I couldn't, so I don't eat meat.

I have one friend who made the statement to me 'I never really got vegetarianism myself... because you grow a bean plant and take its produce, it dies, you grow and chicken and it dies'. He actually compared a plant and an animal! And this guy is not stupid, he had studied science, he knows damn right the VAST difference between plants and animals. But that is his view, and because of this he is perfectly fine with animals being kept in almost any factory farm condition...
ReplyQuote

Rainbow Fox Rainbow Fox QLD Posts: 91
7 11 Nov 2010
I Just went onto that website and had a look around it.

It made me laugh - I actually laughed at how full of stupidity it is! I am sending to to everyone on my facebook pronto so they can all criticize it heavily with me.
Sort of silly that they are attacking us though, like the people that try to minimize harm, violence and hatred in the world. If I was going to be bad-mouthing a group of people I would do it to something like the KKK.

(Also I looked at their forum, no one posts there - at all. Looks like it doesn't have as many friens as animals unleased does happy )
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au