Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Ozzy Ozzy oi oi.......

1 - 10 of 27 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

claudie claudie TAS Posts: 63
1 11 Aug 2009
Has anyone ever wondered why Australia is 'famous for our good ol' barby'?  Typical Aussie afternoon is sizzling a chunk of cow or baby sheep on the BBQ?? I don't think so..... I love australia, but I'm not proud to be aussie when people look at us and see a bunch of meat chewing beer guzzling blokey blokes who kick aroung a piece of cow skin in an oval. I'm just not that into it......anyone else feel like this???
ashamed rolleyes
and i love pigs pig
ReplyQuote

x.Tara x.Tara NSW Posts: 357
2 11 Aug 2009
we're also the fattest country in the world...hmmm i wonder why.... rolleyes
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
3 11 Aug 2009
Unleashed Admin
x.Tara said:
...and killing off our native species faster than anywhere else sad
http://www.unleashed.org.au/blog/2009-07/Spot-the-Difference
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
4 11 Aug 2009
x.Tara said:
Yes! I was surprised to hear that considering all the obese ppl in America! Has anyone got stats or info? I would love to read an article on it. Thx in advance! happy
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
5 11 Aug 2009
claudie said:
Has anyone ever wondered why Australia is 'famous for our good ol' barby'?  Typical Aussie afternoon is sizzling a chunk of cow or baby sheep on the BBQ?? I don't think so..... I love australia, but I'm not proud to be aussie when people look at us and see a bunch of meat chewing beer guzzling blokey blokes who kick aroung a piece of cow skin in an oval. I'm just not that into it......anyone else feel like this???
ashamed rolleyes
and i love pigs pig
Sorry, back to your original question... I love the whole idea of the BBQ ie A sunny day, relaxing with friends over a beer (or two!) wink But obviously I hate the meat eating. Unfortunately, it is a very Australian thing to do and not likely to change any time soon sad
ReplyQuote

claudie claudie TAS Posts: 63
6 11 Aug 2009
ckimana said:
claudie said:
ashamed rolleyes
and i love pigs pig
Sorry, back to your original question... I love the whole idea of the BBQ ie A sunny day, relaxing with friends over a beer (or two!) wink But obviously I hate the meat eating. Unfortunately, it is a very Australian thing to do and not likely to change any time soon sad
true... maybe spread the word about bbq'd tofu or fakin'??
ReplyQuote

Frenzal bop Frenzal bop SA Posts: 778
7 11 Aug 2009
I like going to bbq's
ReplyQuote

Compostkitty Compostkitty NSW Posts: 780
8 12 Aug 2009
yes i enjoy the family BBQ or catching up with friends at one
i just make some yummy food to take and not stand or sit where i can see the meat been cooked.
ReplyQuote

Rosie Wolf Rosie Wolf VIC Posts: 163
9 12 Aug 2009
Agreed. BBQ's are actually so much fun! me and fellow vego friends just take along our own stuff and have a separate hot plate. i think the love of BBQ's is just about the nice day out with friends and family more than anything.
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
10 13 Aug 2009
I love BBQs
i just make sure my food is cooked first b4 any meat
and i love veggie BBQ's even more happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au