Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

I'm so excited!!

I found out I got into the course I applied for!

1 - 10 of 18 posts   1 | 2  

StephyA StephyA VIC Posts: 329
1 19 Nov 2010
Yesterday I got the letter in the mail. I am officially studying for my Cert II in Animal Studies next year. So happy. Sorry, just so excited and felt like sharing.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
2 19 Nov 2010
StephyA said:
Yesterday I got the letter in the mail. I am officially studying for my Cert II in Animal Studies next year. So happy. Sorry, just so excited and felt like sharing.
That's so awesome Steph!
Congrats!
What are your career options after finishing??

I'm working full time in admin (have been for 3 or more years) and just started my Cert 4 in Business Management but I have been thinking I really should follow my dreams and do something with animals.

I am good at photography & have alot of people asking for shoots so I was thinking I could start up a companion animal photography business down the track!
ReplyQuote

3 19 Nov 2010
wild child2 said:
StephyA said:
That's so awesome Steph!
Congrats!

I'm working full time in admin (have been for 3 or more years) and just started my Cert 4 in Business Management but I have been thinking I really should follow my dreams and do something with animals.

I am good at photography & have alot of people asking for shoots so I was thinking I could start up a companion animal photography business down the track!
I could get work in a shelter or a sanctuary. I could work for the RSPCA as an inspector (eventually). Though I think that would be a difficult job, having to see mistreated animals.  I can also do an extra elective and become a veterinary nurse. Which I think I will do. I could even be a dog trainer if I wanted.

Your business idea sounds awesome. I think you should do it. Even if you start small first with friends and their animals just to see if it' something you'd be happy to do full time.
I wouldn't mind doing it myself actually. Haha. I love photography.
Have you seen Tim Flach's work? It's amazing. Check it out;
http://www.timflach.com/
ReplyQuote

Em the planeteer Em the planeteer SA Posts: 173
4 19 Nov 2010
Congratulations!!!!!!! happy
ReplyQuote

5 19 Nov 2010
Em the planeteer said:
Congratulations!!!!!!! happy
Thanks Em happy
ReplyQuote

6 19 Nov 2010
StephyA said:
wild child2 said:
StephyA said:
That's so awesome Steph!
Congrats!

I could get work in a shelter or a sanctuary. I could work for the RSPCA as an inspector (eventually). Though I think that would be a difficult job, having to see mistreated animals.  I can also do an extra elective and become a veterinary nurse. Which I think I will do. I could even be a dog trainer if I wanted.

Your business idea sounds awesome. I think you should do it. Even if you start small first with friends and their animals just to see if it' something you'd be happy to do full time.
Wow his work is amazing!!!

I love this ladies style....
http://www.jinkyart.com.au/index2.php?v=v1#/gallery1/1/
just really honest and emotive work happy

I will tag you in a few of my dog photos on facebook happy
I've only been using an SLR for a few months, all my previous stuff was just done on a crappy digital!
ReplyQuote

7 19 Nov 2010
This is some of my stuff,

looks a bit sh!tty up against those others lol but I will get there one day!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123449711010988&v=photos&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=123449711010988
ReplyQuote

V V SA Posts: 248
8 19 Nov 2010
Congrats.

I originally was going to do a Animal Studies course, but backed out when i did a weeks work experience at a Vet's. The blood i could handle, but the sounds the animals made when they were being operated on, or checked out while still awake i did not like.
ReplyQuote

9 19 Nov 2010
wild child2 said:
StephyA said:
wild child2 said:
StephyA said:
That's so awesome Steph!
Congrats!

Wow his work is amazing!!!

I love this ladies style....
http://www.jinkyart.com.au/index2.php?v=v1#/gallery1/1/
just really honest and emotive work happy

I will tag you in a few of my dog photos on facebook happy
I've only been using an SLR for a few months, all my previous stuff was just done on a crappy digital!
It' amazing what you can achieve on a crappy camera. I've gotten some great shots from the camera on my phone. I went on a road trip to Jindabyne last year and took photos with a disposable camera. They turned out great! I loved the old school colouring they produced.

The children's photos are just gorgeous.
ReplyQuote

10 19 Nov 2010
V said:
Congrats.

I originally was going to do a Animal Studies course, but backed out when i did a weeks work experience at a Vet's. The blood i could handle, but the sounds the animals made when they were being operated on, or checked out while still awake i did not like.
Yeah, I might also find that hard. But I am a bit of a tough cookie when I really need to be. So who knows. I tried to volunteer to see if I could handle it but no one ever would get back to me, so I just enrolled. I figure if I can't handle it there are other avenues I can go down. Like dog training and grooming. Plus it's nice to have a skill. Learning for the sake of learning.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au