Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Books

What are you reading right now and/or what are you planning on reading next?!

1 - 10 of 98 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  

birdie birdie VIC Posts: 393
1 26 Nov 2010
I'm currently reading Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart & Never Stop Dancing by Gordon Livingston. To be honest, I was in an impulsive buying mood today, it was either a book or a CD. I've read more than a third of it tonight. Both books have 30 pieces of advice culminated from the author's life experiences that he goes onto explain (being a Vietnam veteran and his related regrets, losing 2 children and the learning from his patients as a psychiatrist etc). It encapsulates the sort of wisdom I have encountered by others, nicely in one little book. I highly recommend it, mainly to more mature audiences, I would assume that is the intended demographic. I want to know what other people are reading at the moment and/or what you plan on reading next? (Animal or non-animal related, please do share). Next, I would really like to buy and get stuck into Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer, I've had this book in mind for quite a while. Now that life is more settled, it seems like a good time to relax and read it. Who here has read this? happy
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
2 26 Nov 2010
I'm reading Wicked (yes like the musical). Also some social media marketing book for work.
ReplyQuote

- - ACT Posts: 95
3 26 Nov 2010
I'm a tragically trashy reader, in the middle of a stack of Stephen King right now~
ReplyQuote

4 26 Nov 2010
RaV3N said:
I'm reading Wicked (yes like the musical). Also some social media marketing book for work.
sounds wicked wink
ReplyQuote

Tink Tink QLD Posts: 100
5 26 Nov 2010
I'm reading 'Dear Fatty' by Dawn French. That lady cracks me up! She's hilarious!
ReplyQuote

- - ACT Posts: 95
6 26 Nov 2010
Tink said:
I'm reading 'Dear Fatty' by Dawn French. That lady cracks me up! She's hilarious!
I love her in The Vicar of Dibley! And, well, everything else, she's just great.
ReplyQuote

7 26 Nov 2010
omegalamaniacs said:
Tink said:
I love her in The Vicar of Dibley! And, well, everything else, she's just great.
i have actually wondered if her writing is as good as her acting. she is very talented and witty.
ReplyQuote

SS-Cyanide SS-Cyanide NSW Posts: 14
8 26 Nov 2010
Right now i am reading "The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls"  by Emilie Autumn.

Its a fairly plesant read =]
ReplyQuote

Tink Tink QLD Posts: 100
9 26 Nov 2010
birdie said:
omegalamaniacs said:
Tink said:
i have actually wondered if her writing is as good as her acting. she is very talented and witty.
Her writing is really good, never thought I could laugh so much from reading a novel! My mum asked for her latest book, 'A Tiny Bit Marvellous' for Christmas. Can't wait to borrow it off her!
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
10 26 Nov 2010
im reading sea shepherd by paul watson :")
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au