Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

"Compassionism" CD

This looks like a pretty awesome music collaboration

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

tarkine tarkine Iran Posts: 296
1 28 Nov 2010
http://www.petacatalog.com/products/Compassionism_CD-304-2.html

"Compassionism features fifteen heart-pumping tracks from some of the most creative and diverse artists to come out of The United States, Australia and Canada. Included is the earth shattering and sonically sensuous Sia with a previously unreleased version of the 1970’s classic “The Real Thing” and The John Butler Trio’s eight minute version of the well known “Better Man.”  The Waifs, Catie Curtis, Erin McKeown, also bring their diverse folk fusions.  

100% of the profits from the sale of this album are being donated to PETA, which makes this album a perfect compassionate gift for any music and animal lover."

Tracklisting:

1.    The Real Thing by Sia
2.    Glorious by MaMuse
3.    We Are More by Erin McKeown
4.    When You Wanna Go Home by Ricky Kennedy
5.    Happy As We Are by Jen Todd
6.    Start Again by Catie Curtis
7.    The Vegetarian by Panika
8.    Glorious by Ngaiire
9.    Krishna Consciousness by Light In August
10.  Better Man by The John Butler Trio
11.  Resilience by Annabelle Chvostek
12.  Feeling Sentimental by The Waifs
13.  Who’s Gonna Save the Animals by Woody Simmons
14.  Let’s Go by Mel Watson
15.  Last Song by Daniel Nahmod
ReplyQuote

JaimieCS JaimieCS VIC Posts: 363
2 28 Nov 2010
thank god, something i can tell my mum to give me yhat she wont just disregard because it's too 'hippy.'
ReplyQuote

3 28 Nov 2010
Yep, my folks really have no idea who I am anymore - I'd rather they donated some money to the UNHCR, or an orangutan sanctuary, than give me presents (I've just bought this album tho' as a present to self). I really don't need much these days, at least the things I do need don't come with a price tag...

I am debating whether to buy a car at the moment, not that I can find any rational justification for saying that I need one - I don't, because I walk everywhere, and I rent a car when I'm heading out of town - I just really, really want one!! Toyota Aurion looking the goods at the mo'...

Car v. Mortgage... initially seemed like a hard choice. Took a long walk this arvo, and decided it's a no-brainer. Instinct shall dictate the decision...
ReplyQuote

Bec & Laura Bec & Laura NSW Posts: 72
4 29 Nov 2010
Where can you get the CD from??? it sounds great happy
ReplyQuote

Bec & Laura Bec & Laura NSW Posts: 72
5 29 Nov 2010
Bec & Laura said:
soz...I looked at your post again and can see that you get it from PETA. Can you get it from anywhere else or only online?
ReplyQuote

V V SA Posts: 248
6 29 Nov 2010
Nice price but a shame postage costs $8 to AUS.
ReplyQuote

- - ACT Posts: 95
7 29 Nov 2010
tarkine said:
Yep, my folks really have no idea who I am anymore - I'd rather they donated some money to the UNHCR, or an orangutan sanctuary, than give me presents (I've just bought this album tho' as a present to self). I really don't need much these days, at least the things I do need don't come with a price tag...

I am debating whether to buy a car at the moment, not that I can find any rational justification for saying that I need one - I don't, because I walk everywhere, and I rent a car when I'm heading out of town - I just really, really want one!! Toyota Aurion looking the goods at the mo'...

Car v. Mortgage... initially seemed like a hard choice. Took a long walk this arvo, and decided it's a no-brainer. Instinct shall dictate the decision...
Last year I finally bit the bullet and bought a little yellow 08 yaris. She's just the best thing ever!
ReplyQuote

april-san april-san QLD Posts: 368
8 29 Nov 2010
I bought one and a spare for a present, Mum went sort of nuts and bought 15 for gifts!
Peta's having a massive sale right now, I bought over $100 worth of stuff
ReplyQuote

JaimieCS JaimieCS VIC Posts: 363
9 29 Nov 2010
I didn't buy a car for so long after I moved out of home, I didn't want the hassle - reg. fees, insurance etc, but my mum lives in the country and there's no public transport, and my friends love to camp and road trip so eventually I bought an old heap that I don't bother to insure because it's already beat up and when it dies it can become a cube. Then I'll have to make a real decision about a car.

I hate the attitude my family has towards my lifestyle. My mum sometimes buys me things like vegan cookbooks, but mostly she and my grandmother buy me things BECAUSE I won't buy them myself - leather and wool, they have old-fashioned views on quality, and they can't grasp that synthetics (or natural vegan products) can be superior. It's so frustrating to have them buy me things I deliberately avoid.
ReplyQuote

10 29 Nov 2010
Bec & Laura said:
Bec & Laura said:
soz...I looked at your post again and can see that you get it from PETA. Can you get it from anywhere else or only online?
Sorry guys, not sure, I've only seen it online. I somehow doubt that it'll be out in stores unless you ask them to order it in for you (which any decent record store will do).
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au