Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Help Please - Neglected Dog

How can I help my neighbour's neglected staffy?

1 - 10 of 18 posts   1 | 2  

Chanelle Chanelle WA Posts: 28
1 30 Nov 2010
behind my house is a baby staffy who is tan and she is a young girl
the owners are never home
and it has been really hot for the past 3 days and she has been out in a backyard that is nothing but dirt with no water.
just before i heard her crying and noticed she was balancing on my fence trying to get over! then she fell and has now hurt her leg!?
should i go over and get her? and call the rspca and say that she has jumped over PLEASE I NEED HELP IM LIKE CRYING HERE

[Admin Note: Please help keep the forum accessible for everyone by being more specific with subject titles than 'Help Please'. Thanks!]
ReplyQuote

StephyA StephyA VIC Posts: 329
2 30 Nov 2010
Call the RSPCA or a shelter straight away to report the neighbours and to get her medical help. If she is definitely friendly you could give her some water. Is she in your backyard now?
ReplyQuote

3 30 Nov 2010
I just read your post again and realised she's still in your neighbours yard. You may want to leave her where she is, if dogs are injured and in pain sometimes they can be aggressive. Can you put water over the fence?
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
4 30 Nov 2010
Definitely call the RSPCA STRAIGHT AWAY! If that poor dog has been without water for 3 days and is now injured, definitely call the RSPCA. The police even, if you feel necessary. If it were me, I would grab the dog and take him/her to a vet.
ReplyQuote

5 30 Nov 2010
i caslled the rspca and they said they cant do anythig till thursday happy but dw i havw her now she is one of the friendlisest dogs i have met i got her food and water and she is limping around my house with my golden reterievr
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
6 30 Nov 2010
Chanelle said:
i caslled the rspca and they said they cant do anythig till thursday happy but dw i havw her now she is one of the friendlisest dogs i have met i got her food and water and she is limping around my house with my golden reterievr
Good work! Give her a hug for me happy

beaverhug
ReplyQuote

Arieluxable Arieluxable QLD Posts: 190
7 30 Nov 2010
Just out of curiosity, what was the reasoning behind RSPCA saying they couldn't do anything until Thursday?
ReplyQuote

8 30 Nov 2010
Why did they say they can't do anything til Thurs? I assume you told them about they neglected to provide water. What will you do when the nieghbours return?
ReplyQuote

9 30 Nov 2010
I assume that if they are such irresponsible pet owners they will probably not take it to a vets.
ReplyQuote

10 30 Nov 2010
the rspca is so government orientated and they dont really care about this stuff because there shelters are so full, but she is all well and we are gonna go watch a movie happy she is full of kisses and hugs happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au