Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

rabid animals

what do we do ?

1 - 7 of 7 posts

Just say no to drugs Just say no to drugs United States Posts: 36
1 4 Dec 2010
what should we do with rabid animals ?
ReplyQuote

Tanya M Tanya M VIC Posts: 741
2 4 Dec 2010
I'm not certain, but do we have this problem in Australia?
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
3 4 Dec 2010
There is no rabies in australia.. I had a friend in america who's dog was euthanised because they suspected it had rabies. Can't test it without going in to the brain. Horrible disease. No choice really sad
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
4 4 Dec 2010
Tanyaka said:
There is no rabies in australia.. I had a friend in america who's dog was euthanised because they suspected it had rabies. Can't test it without going in to the brain. Horrible disease. No choice really sad
Not true, we do have rabid animals. Anyone remember the Cronulla riots? tongue
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
5 4 Dec 2010
There is no rabies in Australia.  Unfortunately, rabies exists in many other (less isolated) parts of the world.

Pretty strong suspected cases (as someone above said, it's hard to test for without autopsy) should be euthanased.  It's a horrible, horrible disease.  

Anyone going to ANY part of the world (3rd or 1st!) with rabies SHOULD get vaccinated against it, as it is incurable.
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
6 4 Dec 2010
We don't have this problem in Australia. But perhaps when an animal is born and goes in for the usual vaccinations, a rabies one should be included. I know that most animals are required to have this shot prior to being exported. (Cats, dogs etc.)
ReplyQuote

Just say no to drugs Just say no to drugs United States Posts: 36
7 7 Dec 2010
thanks for the answers people.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au