Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

running out of room

taking away animals living space.

1 - 10 of 25 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Just say no to drugs Just say no to drugs United States Posts: 36
1 4 Dec 2010
what should we do when we run out of living space and we invade animals territory?
what do we do with those wild animals,we need to live somewhere ?
what is the alternative to taking away the animals habbitat ?
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
2 4 Dec 2010
Space, the final frontier...
ReplyQuote

- - ACT Posts: 95
3 4 Dec 2010
1josephjohn said:
what should we do when we run out of living space and we invade animals territory?
what do we do with those wild animals,we need to live somewhere ?
what is the alternative to taking away the animals habbitat ?
I kind of thought we already had invaded the animals' territory. I vote space!
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
4 4 Dec 2010
Well the problem with us humans is we are breeding at an exponetial rate, and exponetial rates usually only stop once the species has reached the carrying capacity - not enough resources including land. This is why the growth of humans was relativly stable till around the 1600's i think it was when the euros began colonising so we had much more land to live on pluss health began to improve.

What we need to do is design sustainable cities. VERY HIGH DENSITY! We need big dense cities with lots of mixed use buildings - shops on the first floor, then some office floors and then some aprtments. And its not like everyone has to live in apartments, townhouses and terraces are much more sustainble. We really can't continue to have so much land to ourselves, we really need to end the old 3/4 acre block house. We need to build up not out.
ReplyQuote

TofuUnleashed TofuUnleashed TAS Posts: 986
5 4 Dec 2010
Maybe we should desex humans? wink
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
6 4 Dec 2010
Think about how much more room we'd have if we stopped eating animals! All the paddocks...
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
7 4 Dec 2010
Join the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/
ReplyQuote

- - ACT Posts: 95
8 4 Dec 2010
Aimee said:
Think about how much more room we'd have if we stopped eating animals! All the paddocks...
So true, considering there are (as I recall) 21 million humans in Australia and 29 million cows alone. Obviously a herd of cows requires less space than a typical family of humans, but when you take into consideration the land required to grow the quantity of food those cows need to eat, compared to the land required to grow the quantity of plant food that the same family could easily survive on, phasing out animal consumption seems like the best way to make room!
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
9 4 Dec 2010
I also hear there's a lot of room out in the Simpson desert tongue
ReplyQuote

Brendon Brendon NSW Posts: 1212
10 4 Dec 2010
Callum said:
Well the problem with us humans is we are breeding at an exponetial rate, and exponetial rates usually only stop once the species has reached the carrying capacity - not enough resources including land. This is why the growth of humans was relativly stable till around the 1600's i think it was when the euros began colonising so we had much more land to live on pluss health began to improve.

What we need to do is design sustainable cities. VERY HIGH DENSITY! We need big dense cities with lots of mixed use buildings - shops on the first floor, then some office floors and then some aprtments. And its not like everyone has to live in apartments, townhouses and terraces are much more sustainble. We really can't continue to have so much land to ourselves, we really need to end the old 3/4 acre block house. We need to build up not out.
Completely agree.
That plus controlling human population.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au