Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Red Rock Deli Chips?

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

Alanna Alanna WA Posts: 230
1 11 Dec 2010
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before.  Lately I have been looking for a vegan version of salt and vinegar chips.  I have heard that Red Rock Deli Chips are vegan but every packet I look at either has whey powder or says that it contains milk products.  Are only certain flavours of Red Rock Deli Chips vegan or am I totally confused in thinking they were ever vegan at all?

Thank you.  happyhappyhappy
ReplyQuote

Maggie Maggie TAS Posts: 2265
2 11 Dec 2010
The only vegan ones I've come across are the Sea Salt (original) ones. I'm not sure who told you that they were vegan, because it's not true. Most have sour cream, milk, or other dairy products in them.

The Honey Soy Chicken ones aren't even vegetarian. They have chicken fat in them! Yuck!
ReplyQuote

Imaginary Product Imaginary Product NSW Posts: 142
3 11 Dec 2010
Only the sea salt ones are vegan. Not even the black pepper and lime are vegan.

On their website they say they have Olive Oil chips that come in Sea Salt & Rosemary and Roasted Garlic flavours but I've never seen them in the shops to check ingredients.

Roasted Garlic sounds delicious - I wish I new where to get them and fingers crossed they are vegan!
ReplyQuote

Bec & Laura Bec & Laura NSW Posts: 72
4 11 Dec 2010
I think that the Coles brand salt and vinegar chips are vegan
ReplyQuote

Bonnie1 Bonnie1 NSW Posts: 2
5 17 Dec 2012
im not sure, i know that smiths plain chips
contain nothing!
(:
but same it always says contains traces of milk in the red rock deli ones, better to stear clear i spose
(:
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
6 23 Dec 2012
The Natural Chip company salt and vinegar is vegan, also their plain salt. You might have to search for them a bit though, I haven't seen them at all supermarkets, only some..
ReplyQuote

Rowan011 Rowan011 WA Posts: 92
7 23 Dec 2012
Bonnie1 said:
im not sure, i know that smiths plain chips
contain nothing!
(:
but same it always says contains traces of milk in the red rock deli ones, better to stear clear i spose
(:
Palm Oil?

The RedRock Deli Salt and Kettle Chips Salt are technically Vegan, no palm oil or animal products.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2544
8 30 Dec 2012
Kettle salt n vinegar chips & chilli chips are vegan. Usually all brands of plain potato ones are vegan.

Also, for something abit different... shapes lime n chilli & roadies chilli are vegan.
ReplyQuote

Daft_Punk Daft_Punk SA Posts: 139
9 9 Jan 2013
It's confused me as well because when I read the ingredient list it doesn't say specifically that there are animal products but in the allergens it says contain milk so idk
ReplyQuote

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
10 9 Jan 2013
salt and vinegar french fries used to be vegan
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 
Sign In or Register

What's on your mind? We want to know! Sign in with your Unleashed forum account or register to have your say!

E-Mail:
Password:
  Lost password?
Who Most Liked Contributors
Today's Top Poster Aly Today's most liked:
Aly
July's Top Poster Aly July's most liked: Aly (6 likes)

Blog News