Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegetarian Society's "Tick"

...On butter chicken recipe base?

1 - 5 of 5 posts

The Fever The Fever SA Posts: 27
1 12 Dec 2010
So yeah, I was at work today and a customer bought one of those recipe base packets for Indian-Style Butter Chicken. I noticed that it had the 'tick of approval' from the vegetarian society.

This confused me - sure, the pack contents may be vegetarian, but the intended final product sure isn't!

Anyone able to explain why on earth they'd approve this product? Or anyone know of any other similar instances?
ReplyQuote

Akasha213 Akasha213 VIC Posts: 227
2 12 Dec 2010
That is weird when it's specifically intended for chicken.
But I guess there's lots of stir fry sauces etc that are vegan and say to use with meat.
They could always make a butter chicken style dish with fake chicken or tofu etc I suppose.
I wouldnt have expected to see a vegetarian tick on something that says chicken though, unless it's a fake chicken thing.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
3 12 Dec 2010
Sauce base recipes are just a suggestion for the final meal... doesnt mean you should use chicken/pork/beef/whatever. Most taco kits have recipes for chicken but I dont.
ReplyQuote

Hitler Hitler Iraq Posts: 465
4 12 Dec 2010
yeah true.
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
5 12 Dec 2010
I always try to find packet sauces that are vegan to put over my vegan food.  It doesn't matter what it's intended for.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au