Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

I really don't know what to do!! :(

1 - 10 of 25 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Emily Emily VIC Posts: 66
1 19 Aug 2009
I'm vegetarian and an absolute chocoholic like you wouldn't believe... not just eating chocolate but cooking with it. I cook and bake a lot and I almost always use chocolate. I'm seriously considering doing work experience at a chocolatier. But I feel so awful, veganism just isn't for some but I feel terrible eating and cooking with eggs and dairy. If I became a successful chocolatier I'd probably have a nervous breakdown one day and suddenly become vegan and ruin my business... lol
I'm not strong enough... I don't know what reply I want out of this but thought I should say anyway. HELP!?  confused
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
2 19 Aug 2009
You know there is dairy free chocolate
ReplyQuote

Emily Emily VIC Posts: 66
3 19 Aug 2009
Aimee said:
You know there is dairy free chocolate
yes. but it's really really reeeaaally not that fantabulous. i cook with really good quality chocolate, i won't even cook with cheap stuff
ReplyQuote

Apple Scruff Apple Scruff VIC Posts: 180
4 19 Aug 2009
You seem like you really care about animals, and think veganism is the only way to stop cruelty. So even though you "love" chocolate and as much as it seems you can't live without it, it really is a luxury most of the human world goes without and dairy also contributes to as hell of a lot of abuse.  Think of how frivolous your reasons for supporting cruelty are, is there really a good excuse for consuming dairy? Next time you crave chocolate just imagine the cries of the dairy cows as their babies are taken away from them, imagine the slaughter of these beautiful calves, and the crippling effect of constant milking has on a dairy cow's body... maybe it wont taste as good then.

Dairy is just as cruel as meat, if not worse, it took me a while to figure that out. You obviously think there's something wrong with dairy, you're just nto motivated enough. I used to be the same, chocolate was the last non-vegan thing I gave up, but for the past couple of years I've been vegan I've found some amazing chocolates that are far better than dairy chocolate, plus you can make amazing chocolate dishes - I made rum balls last night, and can give you a heap of vegan chocolate dessert recipes.
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
5 19 Aug 2009
Apple Scruff said:
Next time you crave chocolate just imagine the cries of the dairy cows as their babies are taken away from them, imagine the slaughter of these beautiful calves, and the crippling effect of constant milking has on a dairy cow's body
worked for me.
ReplyQuote

Apple Scruff Apple Scruff VIC Posts: 180
6 19 Aug 2009
Same... I don't think it wouldn't work for anyone, unless they had some compulsive eating disorder or were a psychopath. People should force themselves to think more...
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
7 20 Aug 2009
You get used to dairy free choc... takes awhile but soon it tastes better!!

Except I still can't get used to white chocolate... sorry but that's just wrong. Was never a fan of real white choc so that prob doesn't help much.
ReplyQuote

Frenzal bop Frenzal bop SA Posts: 778
8 20 Aug 2009
Pass me some chocolate
ReplyQuote

Compostkitty Compostkitty NSW Posts: 780
9 20 Aug 2009
you could always make vegan chocolate to boost the vegan chocolate business or not advertise that your chocolate is vegan and get customers of both kinds.

i found i like dairy free chocolate alot more mainly cos i can eat more and not feel sick happy
ReplyQuote

Rosie Wolf Rosie Wolf VIC Posts: 163
10 20 Aug 2009
Thats what i was thinking. combine your two loves, chocolate & animals, and work towards making delicious dairy free chocolate! i think you might surprise yourself.
Just before i fully converted to vegan, chocolate was the one thing holding me back. But i've found so many amazing vegan or accidentally vegan chocolates that it doesn't matter. Most dark chocolates don't contain dairy & yet aren't specifically vegan. I honestly just don't think you've tasted the right stuff if you hate it that much. Just experiment with different brands and i'm positive you'll find something you love.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au