Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Injured Mouse?

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Natalya Natalya VIC Posts: 14
1 17 Dec 2010
Hey I'm at a friend's house and his cat attacked a tiny mouse and brought it inside - what to do?
Its beathing has slowed down and it's moving slightly but still just lying there...
there's a hole in his head from the cat attackingness but the bleeding has stopped and it's not too big.

at the moment, i have him in a warm, comfy shoebox  - what else should i do? i'm don't think he's close to dying, just in shock.

help please!
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
2 17 Dec 2010
Poor little guy sad I think the best thing to do would be to keep him in there, make sure it's dark and has breathing holes and just wait it out a bit. If he perks up a bit later then it was probably just shock and he should be fine, if not I'm not sure what to do, sorry sad

Good Luck!
ReplyQuote

Natalya Natalya VIC Posts: 14
3 17 Dec 2010
yeah it's dark and e's starting to move around, good sign maybe? thanksss happy
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
4 17 Dec 2010
You could always take him to an emergency vet and say he's your pet. But there would be costs involved.

A hole in the head is not good, if you had a hole in your head and just left it there's no way you'd survive. If the mouse does survive the hole will become infected and it will kill him.

There's not much you can do, but this is one of the reasons why my cat is indoors only.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
5 17 Dec 2010
Vets can treat for shock,
also Arnica will help with the injuries... I had to give it to my chook every 10minutes for a whole day! but she's all better now happy
ReplyQuote

V V SA Posts: 248
6 17 Dec 2010
If there is a hole in it's head it could have brain damage. Best thing to do when something involving the head is to put it down to avoid any further suffering.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au